How to fit flue pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

txliquid

Dec 14, 2010
pa
I'm installing a wood stove which has the pipe coming straight out the top and the chimney goes straight up through the roof so I'm wondering what the trick is to getting the pipe to fit between the stove and the chimney box?

OR Do I have to use an adjustable pipe?

It is about a 46" run between the stove and chimney box.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums. A slip connector and telescoping pipe are pretty much the same thing. Be sure to screw it all together when done.

46" from stove top seems a bit low. What is the height of the ceiling in this room and what stove is being installed?

Thanks

I just came across the slip connector, I didn't realize they made anything like that, and the nice thing about the slip connector is that I can purchase it locally, I could only find telescopic pipe online and it would have cost alot more.

It is a Magnolia 2015, the manual doesn't say anything about stove top to ceiling clearance it just says floor to ceiling distance must be 7' and mine is 7'4".

Stove top to ceiling is 52"

Everything should be good with this setup right?

Sounds ok. I was just checking to be sure this wasn't in an alcove or basement with a low ceiling. Good to hear that you have all in order. Keep the single wall pipe at least 18" away from any combustible surface and you should be ready. Feel free to post some pictures if you want a looksee at the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.