How to move a tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's cool

There is some serious horsepower on display there.

That is amazing....What an ambitious project. Very cool.

Someone, I think it may have been Jake, but someone on this forum posted on this before. This video I think is just a bit different but awesome nonetheless.

It would have been much easier to move it in 18" rounds.

I wonder how they got the steel plate out from under it.

Outstanding - thank you for posting that.

really cool - anyone know how the tree is doing now? Did it "take" in its new home?

really cool - anyone know how the tree is doing now? Did it "take" in its new home?

Wondering that myself. The root system most have been amazingly massive. I'm betting there is only a small part of it that got moved. With the stress of that much disturbance, I wouldn't be surprised if that tree is done in ten years.

It was pretty cool to watch. The older 345s weigh around 105k. I'm not sure about the newer one, but it looks like it might be a 349, so about the same. The force on the stick of those machines is amazing, plus the motivation of the tracks. The operators that were pulling really had their chit together, cause they were haulin' butt and digging at the same time. Hard to tell from my phone, but the dozers are 7s? No slouches there, either, and they were all struggling. Never seen anybody skidding a half million pounds across sod before.

Status
Not open for further replies.