How to restore Sierra stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lizzie472

May 5, 2021
Va
Hi all, new to wood stoves. I’ve just moved into a house and would love your insight on this stove and how to restore it. Function seems to be fine but it could definitely use some TLC. Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: D. Hermit
Already done as a condition of sale.
Was it done by a home inspector or a chimney professional? Does the insert have a full stainless liner?

The first thing to do is have a professional sweep come out and check the chimney and stove to see if this is in place without any connection (aka a slammer) or if it has a full stainless liner on it.

Again, the stove has been checked and is functional. I am not going to pay for someone to again come out and tell me the same thing. I’m more looking for guidance on restoring the finish. Thank you.

Again, the stove has been checked and is functional. I am not going to pay for someone to again come out and tell me the same thing. I’m more looking for guidance on restoring the finish. Thank you.
We are just trying to make sure your stove is installed safely first. The fact that they didn't give you a written report on a realestate evaluation is a big red flag which makes me question the quality of their inspection.

Reactions: PA Mountain Man
As far as the finish goes scuff it up wipe it down and paint it with high quality stove paint. Looks like a crack in the glass. That will need to be replaced with a piece of pyro ceramic glass.