How to wire a humidifier to a furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublewide

Jun 14, 2010
Eastern PA
I put in a pellet stove now my house is too dry. Does anyone here know how to wire a humidifier to a furnace, so that it runs only when the heat is running in the house. I have been looking for some help for a while. My furnace is an Armstrong Air Heat pump Seer 14. Thanks

I just installed one on our furnace. Very simple. Ours came with a short video showing how to do everything

A humidifier that only works when the furnace is on producing heat won't put much humidity in the air, especially when you have a stove. In this house we have a high efficiency gas furnace (no stove) and I have connected the humidifier to be on all the time and the furnace fan on all the time. Keeps the humidity here just a bit above 30%. At the other house, where we have the wood stove, there is no way that a furnace based humidifier could keep up. Fortunately we have a damp basement there.

Status
Not open for further replies.