HPBA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Guy

Nov 14, 2008
Did any of you folks make it to the show? I didn't make it but I heard it was scaled back (compared to past years). Anything interesting coming out? Photo? I heard that bigwoods hearth products had an interesting landscape.

Couldnt make it. It conflicted with a large event we are having at our showroom. I heard it was scaled back as well. Nothing like the shows we used to attend during the good ole days in the late 80s to late 90s. Jotul must have spent 50K per show just on peeled jumbo shrimp that were as big as my fist.

I'm getting from three big manufacturers increases of 20 percent to 30 percent.... sorry I couldn't find my percentage key on my mini laptop... But so far is looks to be a big upswing...

I enjoyed Salt Lake, but that was back in 2006

Wood Heat Stoves said:
looks like most of the traffic totals were slightly down or flat from last year.
we only sent one employee this year...

my favorite show was anahiem

TheHeatElement said:
I enjoyed Salt Lake, but that was back in 2006

Wood Heat Stoves said:
looks like most of the traffic totals were slightly down or flat from last year.
we only sent one employee this year...

my favorite show was anahiem

I went to salt lake in '06 as well, had a great time, and there was plenty going on: took 2 days to take it all in. Atlanta (2007 or 08 i thx, i'e been 2 a few) was a good time too.

Franks said:
Couldnt make it. It conflicted with a large event we are having at our showroom. I heard it was scaled back as well. Nothing like the shows we used to attend during the good ole days in the late 80s to late 90s. Jotul must have spent 50K per show just on peeled jumbo shrimp that were as big as my fist.

Jotul didn't go, neither did Harman.. alot of big names didn't go: boss said the travis booth was off the hook (as usual) and their new product lineup looked great: a new 40000btu lopi stove w/ 3 sided glass like the avalon arbor to complement the new northfield 22kbtu unit they have now.
I can see why many people sat this yr out, though: with prime booth rates hitting 100k (I was told), its hard to justify when you are laying people off. The big thing is, however, that the HPBA makes about 80% of it's annual budget from the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.