hudson river saranac repair in north shore mass area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sedona

Jan 10, 2012
Eastern MA
Looking for a repair of my Hudson River pellet stove 3 yrs old . The new auger motor still does not turn. Recommendation of someone in north shore massachusetts area I can't t seem to find any reset switches thanks

Saranac

Been fooled a few times when my auger stopped working and it was actually just the snap disc having popped. Make sure you check that first.

The high limit which has to be manually reset is on the back top of the heat exchanger, left hand side looking at the stove there is a small red reset button in the center of that switch, press that in and you should feel it snap back in place. Then hit the on/off button to turn the power off and then back on.

This is the likely cause only if the stove stopped running with a fire going.

The normal cause for this is a failed, failing, dirty convection fan (At least that is what the manual says. I take exception to that but here is not the place for the debate. ). What has happened is the stove exceeded 250 degrees on the heat exchanger where the snap disc is.

The other cause is a vacuum error due to the combustion fan not starting or ash in the plumbing somewhere reaching the point the stove can no longer breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.