Hugh maple rounds for free in Hudson Valley, NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
A couple of >30 feet high sugar maple fell during Irene in a local non-profit farm. The fallen trees have been cut into 5 - 15 feet logs and rounds ranging from 20 to 50 inches in diameter. The farm is looking for someone with the equipment to take the wood for free. Anyone has any idea who I should contact? The farm is located about 5 miles from New Paltz, NY. Thanks.

Gunks said:
A couple of >30 feet high sugar maple fell during Irene in a local non-profit farm. The fallen trees have been cut into 5 - 15 feet logs and rounds ranging from 20 to 50 inches in diameter. The farm is looking for someone with the equipment to take the wood for free. Anyone has any idea who I should contact? The farm is located about 5 miles from New Paltz, NY. Thanks.

well alright! i've been hoping to score/scrounge some downed hardwoods. i live on the high falls side of the gunks. i'd be interested in some of that sugar maple. do you know the specific location?

Now that is nice.

Too bad I'm loaded with work/wood already. Never have enough of either!

Status
Not open for further replies.