huh?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats the question Blimp??

I agree with grilling as opposed to other methods, but I prefer to grill it with the husks on.

I grill husk off, get a little color to em. There great.

Ill often grill up a bunch while there in season and cut the kernals off and freeze them for later

I'll have to try this. Corn should be ready to pick in a couple weeks.

I cook it with the husk on.. steaming it on the grill that way is my favorite way to make it.

I grilled some husk-on last night. I like grilling husk-off and then cutting it off the cob to be used in other recipes (like my grilled fajitas- hellz yeahz).

If you have a hard time getting it to not be chewy- soak the whole thing- husk on- in water for maybe 20 mins- one hour. Wrap in foil first... or don't.

I sometimes do a hybrid method. Remove the silk but leave the husks on and soak in water or wrap in tinfoil. Grill for 10 min or so. Then remove the husk and grill direct. I like it grilled direct the whole way through as well.

I trim the silk end off tight to the end of the cob as well as trip off some of the outer leaves. No need to soak fresh corn in water at all. I cook on medium to high heat and cook until the outer husk is black. You can leave it in the husk until ready to eat and it will keep hot and steamy for 20 minutes or so.

Sometimes I will pull it off after it is cooked a bit and shuck it and then through it back on to brown up the corn. I do not usually butter my corn - good corn does not need it. I agree with the sentiment that the browned/grilled corn is great for salads and salsas.

PS - the local corn has been in for a bout a week and we already went through a dozen or so...the sweeter corn is not ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.