Hunter Gas Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its rare a valve goes bad...even a robert shaw valve. Do you have a multimeter by chance? you could see what the readings are first. Most gas valves are over $200. If it was me i would also try and clean the pilot before i made that investment.

Fireplaceguy said:
I have been fighting with a Hunter Gas Stove. Cant keep the pilot lit, I have replaced the Thermo-Couple and i have diagnosed the problem as a faulty gas valve made by robertshaw. My question is, what is a good resource for robertshaw valves?

Did you actually take a Millivolt reading on the thermocouple? What did you get?
How did you determine that the valve was bad? Did you perform a resistance test?
What Ohms reading did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.