Hurry Quick...Before they are gone!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
I was at the Taunton, Ma Tractor Supply today and saw an amazing site.

They are loaded up with Inferno's for the unbelievable price of $239.00/Ton.
But they are "Willing to beat any local dealers"

I can get Vermonts at J&S in Berkly, Ma for $250/Ton just $10 more and not have to explain to the dog why we have no heat next fall.

I told the Sales guy that what they were stocking belonged with the Bagged Manure but he wasn't listening. :)

I was hoping to pick up more of the Appalachian (Premier) Hard Wood for the shoulder season like last year. I guess not.

---Nailer---

Hello

It's Just the smell of an open bag of Infernos that makes manure smell great! LOL

I am glad the owner did not put those pellets near good manure!! Mixing the smells could be volatile!!

Attachments

• PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,105
  • LowesInfernoWoodpelletCarLoadsc.jpg
    LowesInfernoWoodpelletCarLoadsc.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,082
  • WPInfernoSc.jpg
    WPInfernoSc.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,082
j-takeman said:
I have actually spoke to a few people that thought they were decent.

And those people were from what planet??? :grrr:

imacman said:
j-takeman said:

Planet Clinker

only because 'Planet wierd-blue-green-chemical-flame' just doens't have that ring to it....

imacman said:
j-takeman said:

Earth(I think), But the fumes must have had something to do with it? One lady said the fire had such pretty colors!

j-takeman said:
Earth(I think), But the fumes must have had something to do with it? One lady said the fire had such pretty colors!
:sick:

nailed_nailer said:
I was at the Taunton, Ma Tractor Supply today and saw an amazing site.

They are loaded up with Inferno's for the unbelievable price of $239.00/Ton.
But they are "Willing to beat any local dealers"

I can get Vermonts at J&S in Berkly, Ma for $250/Ton just $10 more and not have to explain to the dog why we have no heat next fall.

I told the Sales guy that what they were stocking belonged with the Bagged Manure but he wasn't listening. :)

I was hoping to pick up more of the Appalachian (Premier) Hard Wood for the shoulder season like last year. I guess not.

---Nailer---

Hey Nailer, You like the Appalachians ? I may grab a ton or split one with my buddy. Only good for shoulder season eh. Local TSC has them and Instant Heats which I don't like.

Schoondog

schoondog,

I liked them last year for a shoulder season pellet.

Bit ashy and not huge amount of heat compared to Vermonts or Okanagans.

I picked them up cheap last year in late summer/early fall and was happy with them.
I wouldn't burn them on a -12 day with strong Northeast Wind but for a chilly fall night they are great.

---Nailer---

I Find the add funny, Why the F would you want her to show up at the store. Now if she showed up at your house to clean your stove that would be another thing..

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
:sick:

That was one of the colors she mentioned. Greenish/Blue was more like it!

Nailer,

My local TSC has Green Supreme(NEWP in a different wrapper) for the same price. They also have Instant heat. Price was $214/ton but they just raised them to $239/ton. For the same cost my local pellet house's have Energex American, Greene Team Gold, MWP, and Wood Pellet Inc.(but the price is expected to increase shortly)! Lowes has Stove Chow and Greene Team for $197/ton both are good pellets. Stove Chow is very close to the Premiers you liked and Greene Team has a bit more heat IMHO. HD has the Chow for the same deal.

Got a lowes/HD locally? If not for the couple of extra bucks stay with the VWP or Okies. $250 isn't a bad deal IMHO. Okies and VWP are at $260 near me.

Mix them with some good stuff and it burns pretty good with no clinker. Mix them 50/50 with okies and they burn the nads off a goat at 300 yards.

Salty said:
......Mix them 50/50 with okies and they burn the nads off a goat at 300 yards.

:bug: WOW....I wish I'd seen that Salty! :lol:

imacman said:
Salty said:
......Mix them 50/50 with okies and they burn the nads off a goat at 300 yards.

:bug: WOW....I wish I'd seen that Salty! :lol:

But Okies all by themself's burn the nads off a bull at 600 yards! I sure hope BTU didn't read the degration of his product. sad,sad,sad!

LOL I haven't been here most of the summer I can see some things never change :)

Thanks Jay,

I was at the Hingham Ma Lowe's last week and saw they had ???something??? selling for $197 Not sure what it was due to being in a hurry to beat southbound Cape Cod traffic. It was juts a quick run in get some PVC hose and run out kind of trip.

To avoid the hassle this year I may just load up on 4 tons of Vermont's from June at J&S and call it done.
I Love 'dem 'tings!
And, I'd rather throw some $$$ June's way than one of the Box stores.

---Nailer---

Where is this J&S I keep hearing about and how much are their Vermonts?

AVIVIII,
J&S is located in Berkley Ma Just off RT 24 south east of Taunton.
They are easy to get to off Paddleford St.

http://www.pellets-r-us.com/index.html

Call June before making the trip and shae will meet you at the warehouse.

They have great products and good prices.

Always a friendly hand loading.

I usually pay in Cash. Not sure if they take CC's

Search for Okies or Vermonts in MA to get pricing info or call June.
http://www.woodpelletprice.com/

I'm not affiliated with J&S just a happy customer.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

Well, $255/ton for VTs at J&S is definitely a good deal and the cheapest I've seen, but 2 hrs each way is quite the ride to save $10/ton over the place 45 mins away...

Thanks though!

nailed_nailer said:
Thanks Jay,

I was at the Hingham Ma Lowe's last week and saw they had ???something??? selling for $197 Not sure what it was due to being in a hurry to beat southbound Cape Cod traffic. It was juts a quick run in get some PVC hose and run out kind of trip.

To avoid the hassle this year I may just load up on 4 tons of Vermont's from June at J&S and call it done.
I Love 'dem 'tings!
And, I'd rather throw some $$$ June's way than one of the Box stores.

---Nailer---

Hi Mike

Hingham MA HomeDepot had MWPs for $197 per ton! Then all you need is a Military guy for another 10% off!!

However at Lowe's if you use their charge card, you get another 5% off!!

Attachments

• mwps.jpg
    mwps.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 306
Status
Not open for further replies.