Hurt again :-(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisNJ

Feeling the Heat
Sep 25, 2009
Burlington County
So last November I dislocated my pinky lifting a white Oak log I could barely get my hands around and now I find that after only 2 years of firewood work I have a hernia, just a bulge on my belly but wtf, I cant just grab and toss into my truck like I did as a youngun? I got all my muscles back with all the hard work and I love it :)

ChrisNJ said:
So last November I dislocated my pinky lifting a white Oak log I could barely get my hands around and now I find that after only 2 years of firewood work I have a hernia, just a bulge on my belly but wtf, I cant just grab and toss into my truck like I did as a youngun? I got all my muscles back with all the hard work and I love it :)
Easy there fella, we arent spring chickens any more, hope the finger gets better.

Do they have to operate on the Hernia?

I've got a bulge on my stomach too - but I think it's from uh ..... my diet.

basswidow said:

Chocolate on my fingers,
icing on my lips,
sugar diabetes,
and blubber on my hips.
Singing the oreo cookie blues :lol:

basswidow said:

Thankfully not yet as Doc said I could just live with it as long as I can since it does not hurt and isnt too bad. They can get pretty bad from what I hear though.

I was told the same thing during a pre-exam for my first colonoscopy. I didn't even realize I had it! Just thought the ocassional pain was a strained muscle. Do be careful...I've heard some horror stories on these things that were let go too long and then one day you wind up in the ER waiting for the OR to become available!

Hernias can be life threatening if it strangles the gut. My oldest son had a hernia in the groin as a child and needed an operation.

Misread the post and thought you had just hurt your finger lately, the doctor told me a have a week spot in my stomach so I have to keep an eye on that, fun getting older, take care of your self.

Have to be a little more careful as we age! Take care of yourself an heal up.

Another great reason to get three years plus ahead with our firewood supplies. We never know when injury will slow us down or keep us from working.

+1 on rdust's recommendation.

ChrisNJ said:
basswidow said:

Thankfully not yet as Doc said I could just live with it as long as I can since it does not hurt and isnt too bad. They can get pretty bad from what I hear though.

I'd get it fixed before it gets big enough where they need to use mesh to close it. I'd also opt for open surgery so that I didn't need general anesthesia, nor the risks that go with it.

oldspark said:
Misread the post and thought you had just hurt your finger lately, the doctor told me a have a week spot in my stomach so I have to keep an eye on that, fun getting older, take care of your self.

LOL worst part about the finger actually is that I have always been able to catch flies as they fly by in the house and now since my pinky doesn't close all the way they squeeze out LOL :-( sad but true. Geez or trying to grab a handfull of cheerios on the floor from the kids.

The hernia is just a small bump now, perhaps the rounded edge of a golfball size, much to the chagrin of my ER nurse wife, I will definitely wait for it to get worse and will try and prevent that while still working with wood, tooo many people die going under for simple crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.