Husky 435 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toonces

Nov 7, 2011
Farmington Valley, CT
i've run my refurbed 435 on two occasions and today i had some issues. after sitting for a couple of weeks, i went to cut a bunch of wood and it worked fine for most of the first session but then it got hard to start and would die immediately after i started and set to idle. it was very difficult to start towards the end of my first session but i made it through, loaded the car, and came back. it was a little easier to start on the second session but i didn't run it nearly as long this time so i don't know how it would've been after a period of use. i did refill both oil and gas but can't remember when the issues began. i wanna say before i filled up b/c the stalling made me check my gas level.

the saw cuts great as far as i can tell but the stalling and hard starting concern me. this is only the second time i've used this saw since i purchased it and it's supposedly factory refurbed. i'm gonna take it to work with me and check the air intake and clean it up a bit. anything else stick out as far as what to check while i have it on my bench? thanks!

Well whenever I have running problems, the first thing I do is put some carb cleaner (SeaFoam) into it. Most of the time, that helps.

It could be some gunky gas you have.

I also put Stabil into any gas I buy.

Ken

sounds easy enough. i have six cans of that sitting around. how much into an almost full tank of gas?

toonces said:
sounds easy enough. i have six cans of that sitting around. how much into an almost full tank of gas?

Add it right to your mix can as directed. I run 4 oz to 5 gal of fuel, I figure it's cheap maintenance. A C

Try turning in (increasing) the idle speed screw a bit. This is probably the issue if you can hold the saw at an idle with the trigger.

If you use the Seafoam, put it in tank, mix it up good, run the saw for a couple of minutes to get it into the system, then let it sit for a day to do it's work.

Ken

I suspect that your saw is just suffering from a lean condition on the low side of the carburetor.A quarter turn CCW should do the trick, (screw closest to the cylinder) Ken

When you're starting it warm do you flip the little red switch up and then back down? That will set the fast idle which helps at least on mine. Starting cold flip the switch up and yank 'til it burps then switch down and it should start.

I once spent a long time yanking away and cursing the thing before I figured out I'd run it dry... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.