Husky 575 XP owner calls my 290 a sweet little saw!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I was working on clearing a pasture at a wildlife rehab center today and was cutting with a guy running a 575XP. He was cocky as I would be if I had the tool he did when we started. But I think he noticed my little 16" bar with a new chisel chain slicing through the oak with ease.

I stopped to clear some brush so I could continue and noticed him looking at the saw. I offered to let him try it. I got a, "That little limber?" from him. I said, "yup" and promised not to tell any other Husky owners he tried it. He declined for a few minutes then picked the saw up and started it up. He ran through an oak log that was sticking out of pile a few times. I think he was impressed. Actual words were, "That's a sweet little saw."

At the end of the day he figured out that the bar length was fairly short and he decided he liked the chain I was running. ROTFLMAO. Either way, my little limber performed well. And I freely admit compared to the 70+CC saw he was using it was a limber. He was only running a 20" bar on his.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.