Husquvarna 460

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeheat

Minister of Fire
Just picked up a 460 off craigslist , Starts and runs fine no problems runniing but dosen't want to idle seems low. Is this the H and L adustment or something else. I think I did ok on the price 6 month old saw for 150. 20 in bar and like new chain. any help would be great thanks

Sounds like a simple L adjustment. Turn it up until chain starts to move on idle, then back off some until chain stops moving. That's a great price on a saw that should cut your firewood capably for many years.

If I were you I'd try to check the H adjustment as well just to make sure it isn't lean. No indication of that from what you wrote, just to protect your investment. Check out the Madsens link for tuning: http://www.madsens1.com/saw_carb_tune.htm

Is there a true idle adjustment or is just the L adjustment????

There should be 3 screws. The H and L and then an idle screw....sometime LA or T (it will be the largest of the 3 screws).

Turn the Idle screw in (clockwise) until the chain starts to walk and then back it off until it stops.

Then check acceleration. If it bogs, you may have to adjust the L a little.

Whoops, my bad, meant the "T"

Update on the saw, Couldn't get the saw to idle and took it to the local shop. The guy fired it up and grabbed me right away, the saw had a knock in the motor, thought it was bad news we looked up the saw is 8 months old and under warranty !!!! I will keep you updated

Got a call from the Husky dealer today , He told me " Stop down and pick up the new saw". I am on cloud nine , This only happens to someone else. Hear is a picture of the beast Can't wait to get it out cutting!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• the saw 005.jpg
    the saw 005.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 230
There are definate advantages to patronizing the local Saw shop, instead of the China-Mart Box stores!!!
WOOHOO!!!!

Take the dealer a dozen dude flowers(12 pack) when ya stop in again.
He definately saved ya some cash, and then some. Not sure how he did it without stretching things on the warranty, but it dosn't matter.
He went over and above.;)

Thanks already told him he went over and above!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.