Hutch wood stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 8, 2010
Southern Ohio
Hey all of you wood stove gurus! Please can someone please help me! I have a wood stove installed in my home and my insurance company just changed so they wanted to see my wood stove. They are telling me that it is not UL approved. The Mfg. info plate is on the side and has faded so that the bottom half is not ledgable any more. The stove tag says that it was manufactured in 1985 by Hutch Mfg. Co. The model number is HRD 18T. Anyone got any ideas where I can find out? I cant find Hutch when I do a web search.

I don't know where you are going to find UL testing info but I bet that the model number of that stove is "HRD-18C". It is a EPA certified small cat stove.

I'll approach this from another direction, not to burn up your cash (which after a home purchase, is admittedly limited) but ............perhaps this is an excellent opportunity to put in a NEW stove, per your particular taste???? All stocked up on wood???

-Soupy1957

Hello

I just googled "Hutch wood stove HRD 18T"

Results

[PDF] List of Certified Wood Stoves
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Enclosed is the list of wood stoves certified by the United States Environmental Protection ......
Catalytic. High Sierra Stoves, Ltd.n. Sweet Home Catalytic Fir AK-18 ... Hutch Manufacturing Company. HRD-27C Catalytic Freestanding ...
www.epa.gov/oecaerth/resources/.../woodstoves/certifiedwood.pdf - Similar

So try this Link
[PDF] List of Certified Wood Stoves
http://www.epa.gov/oecaerth/resources/publications/monitoring/caa/woodstoves/certifiedwood.pdf

The following 2 models are on the list
Hutch Manufacturing Company
HRS-18C Small Freestanding
10300-38400
Catalytic
Hutch Manufacturing Company
HRD-18C
9300-39100
Catalytic

Therefore you must call the manufacturer to explain the difference between the 18C and 18T model that you own. Does your stove have a catalytic combustor? That may be the difference.

The Internet knows all but only to people who know how :)
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.