I’m Gonna Get One of These....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HottieTottie

Nov 12, 2011
Northwest NJ
Yep, a vizsla pup...with the money you guys saved us with your advice about running box fans >>>>>cold air toward the heat. :) Forget the duct-work re-route the hot air project! Two fans turned in the right direction was all that was needed. Thank you all so much again!

Attachments

• vizsla puppies.jpg
    vizsla puppies.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 4,947
Why not get a Falcon?

Those are great looking puppies. I wonder how long it took to get them to all sit like that.

I was recently up in the local state forest taking pictures of autumn and I stopped at one of the dog training areas where some people were training bird dogs. I did not know what the dogs were, but now I see that they were Vizslas. Guy had a whole bunch of them he was working one at a time, while the others were crated in the back of the truck, looking on. These are some very enthusiastic bird dogs. The only creatures present who were not having a good time were the several dozen pigeons who were the targets of the exercise. Knowing pigeons, it was all I could do to keep from cheering. :coolgrin:

Vislas are gaining popularity. I see one or two every year while chasing pheasants.

f v

fireview2788 said:
Vislas are gaining popularity. I see one or two every year while chasing pheasants.

f v

Hehheh . . . read this quickly and read it as "I see one or to every year while chasing peasants." ;) :)

davmor said:
...I wonder how long it took to get them to all sit like that.

Photoshop...there's really only one dog.

woodmiser said:
Why not get a Falcon?

:lol: Good one man. That is a good commercial. Thanks for the falcon. :lol:

:) Aw, shucks, what can I say I just love vizslas! (Grandbabies, too!) Here's our 8-year old vizsla with our latest granddaughter: Just want to get a pup for our older bird-dog to teach and for our grand-girls to play with!

Attachments

• baby and bird dog.jpg
    baby and bird dog.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 264
davmor said:
Those are great looking puppies. I wonder how long it took to get them to all sit like that.

Ya know, further down someone says the photo was photoshopped..could be...but I dunno...vizslas ARE very loyal and very smart....I would imagine if there were any breed you could get that many puppies to sit still...it would be vizslas.

HottieTottie said:
davmor said:

Ya know, further down someone says the photo was photoshopped..could be...but I dunno...vizslas ARE very loyal and very smart....I would imagine if there were any breed you could get that many puppies to sit still...it would be vizslas.

That was me, and I was kidding. Those are nice looking dogs. Rick (life-long dog owner & lover)

"Yeah they may look cute to you. Try delivering nine sometime!"

Attachments

• tired vizsla.jpg
    tired vizsla.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 183
HottieTottie said:
davmor said:

Well, I know neither photoshopping nor training would get fox terrier pups to do that. Ask me how I know this
action-smiley-034.gif

Hottie, welcome to the forums !! You've wandered into a large, various breed, various gender, den of smart assed wood burners, incase ya hadn't figured that out !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.