I am interested in a stove pipe oven.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon

Oct 2, 2009
Southwest Missouri
Does anyone know where I can find one? We had one when I was a kid. My wifes aunt still has one and still uses it. My only concern is creosote build up. Anyone have any experiences with one. I tried to do a search but could not track down any related threads. Thanks.

I haven't seen one in many years. Get a sheet metal shop to make you an oven for the top of the 30. Lots easier and will to the job just fine.

learnin to burn said:

Hard to tell, but that one looks like it blocks the flue path, diverting the air between the walls of the cylinder. seems like it would be more prone to creosote and impossible to clean. I like the looks of this one (attached) as it looks like it goes around the pipe rather than the pipe going around it. I think they only make them for 5" pipe though. I'd like to find something for 8".

Attachments

• color_oven.jpg
    color_oven.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2,247
Spoon said:
Does anyone know where I can find one? We had one when I was a kid. My wifes aunt still has one and still uses it. My only concern is creosote build up. Anyone have any experiences with one. I tried to do a search but could not track down any related threads. Thanks.

http://www.outfitterssupply.com/Cylinder-Stoves-Round-Chimney-Oven/productinfo/WCS152R/

My buddy has one and still uses it to cook food, bake bread, & pies. He has it on an old Round Oak.

There is no build up of creosote because it is so close to the top of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.