I am suffering withdrawal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
So here I am at a conference for work in Whistler, BC....

Less than an hour down the road is this event....

http://squamishdays.ca/pages/posts/squamish-days-2008-logo-revealed7.php

I am without a vehicle and in meetings....

There are beautiful trees everywhere... Even some standing dead...

It was so bad this morning.....

I had to go to the gym and do exercise... pretend work..

Help.... I miss my chainsaw and my maul...

Maybe I need an intervention?

No Intervention. You need to get to Squamish Days! (even if you have to crawl)

Don't we have a special crew for things like this??? Like the Labatt Blue Girls, where they come to your work and make sure you get to see things like this???

Now that your trying to picture which forum member would look good in tight blue spandex, I will leave you to your thoughts.

Go to the hotel bar. Find a few people and tell wood cutting stories.

I looked at the schedule again and all that is happening on Thursday is an art show....

Given that I am in meetings up to the wazoo I am going to have to plan better for next year :(

Maybe if I plan better, and get my crosscut saw good and sharp I can enter the novice events?

The 40 year old rookie in timbersports...

Bear with it. Soon you will return to reality.

Hang in there and I know what you mean. I have been looking forward to cutting two standing dead trees this weekend. One is a hickory and the other is oak. They will get me well on the way of being a winter ahead in my wood cutting.

I know I will get back to reality but it can't happen soon enough. Work conferences are okay but if I could be a full time acreage owner with wood cutting, gardening, etc etc.... Oh right someday I might be able to retire.

This coming week I am only home for two days so it will be a lost week again for wood cutting.

Well then go to the Bar and tell Art stories.

I dont ever miss my chainsaw as much as I miss my old Dolly Parton Sove.

It would seem that I am doomed this week. Due to needing to catch up to the wife and kids who took a family jaunt to Alberta while I was at my conference I have ended up at some of the in-laws for three days on top of the work travel.

They too heat with wood..... Sort of...... They have small woodstove done as a nice simple install ...

The doomed part is seeing that these in-laws have less than an eighth of a cord stacked but not split ...

I know that I have had my moments but this is a bit like being trapped in a bad wood-heat dream.

Oh well.... We should be home by tomorrow evening and then maybe Tuesday I can get a bit of wood cut.

When I go to speak at a camp Wed-Sunday this week coming up I am planning on taking the saw and the maul to help the camp get some of its dead standing wood cleaned up.

My wife says that I am obsessing... She is right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.