I Am Woman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Feeling a liitle "antsy"

Just finished refilling my indoor wood racks. If I'd a been dressed like that while I was doing it, I'd be roaring, too . . . :)

Ah, the 70's :)

That's a keeper, Pete :)

I am man, hear me fart! :zip:

Jack Straw said:
I am man, hear me fart! :zip:

Now that's oh so attractive
action-smiley-041.gif

Wow, you just made me find a great oldie.

Can you believe how young Winwood is?

Steve Winwood is a fav of mine :)

Yeah, I've always liked him. Was a Blind Faith and Traffic fan too.

Hi,

+1 for your guys!..excellent choice..Winwood was sixteen when he joined Spencer Davis...Like you two I am a hugh fan and so was DH....Stevie really started to excel when he hooked up with Eric for Blind Faith..he really whaled on that album...

It's ironic, the last album DH listened to was Last Exit...I have it on the turntable...yeah I still have the Gerard and Marantz receiver...After all these years I still can't decide which is my favorite album or tune for that matter...

Thanks for posting the video clips....I enjoyed them very much.....check out I'm A Man by the Yardbirds one with Jimmy Page another with Jeff Beck....ahhh my younger days!

Warning the Live stuff is intense...studio version on Rave Up is great despite lack of digital technology...gotta love the pre-Led Zeppelin music!

Did ya ever hear the original Bo Diddley version?

Right on Hoss!..Oh yeah mo blues...Yardbirds version is more rock n rock...Rave Up came out in '65..one year later (when I was 12) I was hooked!..That album is a classic..Remember it was '65 and the music was so progressive...Train keep a rollin=outstanding..Mister You're A Better Man Than I..those words stuck with me all my life...

Hey Dixie Cup...hope you tune in...all you guys have good taste....

I adore Jeff Beck, always have

Or some Foghat & Lonesome Dave ... he was a Shoreham resident for many years before he passed away.

Hey Girlfriend,

Beck, did you say Beck??...Which album is your favorite..Loved the utube video of Jeff and Jimmy Page doing Bolero and the Immigrant Song from 2009 r/r Hall of Fame!!!! Rice Pudding will blow your head when it cuts off at the end...Guess Mickey Most(album producer)ran out of tape!! Then there's PLYNTH...don't get me started...Rod Stewarts voice was such a good match for that group...Beck-ola & truth are my personal 2 favorites...

Robin Trower whoa-My friends took me to the concert in June at Bayshore...All I can say was WOW...I was lucky enough to sit in the second row center slightly to the left...Man oh man..to watch Robin's hands on that guitar...I was blown away...didn't even smoke mother nature either..It was all the music..

Dix if you get a chance to see anyone in Bayshore it only holds 250 people..The acoustics are great...I was surprised that Robin played to such a small audience but grateful he did. checked his schedule this year and for the first half he is in Europe..dammit...

God Bless Jimmy Dewar...RIP my brother...

piejam said:
Hey Girlfriend,

Beck, did you say Beck??...Which album is your favorite..Loved the utube video of Jeff and Jimmy Page doing Bolero and the Immigrant Song from 2009 r/r Hall of Fame!!!! Rice Pudding will blow your head when it cuts off at the end...Guess Mickey Most(album producer)ran out of tape!! Then there's PLYNTH...don't get me started...Rod Stewarts voice was such a good match for that group...Beck-ola & truth are my personal 2 favorites...

Robin Trowler whoa-My friends took me to the concert in June at Bayshore...All I can say was WOW...I was lucky enough to sit in the second row center slightly to the left...Man oh man..to watch Robin's hands on that guitar...I was blown away...didn't even smoke mother nature either..It was all the music..

I'd say my fave Beck album is "Blow By Blow", that one blew me away !!

Traffic. Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys ..

Isn't that Shootout at the Fantasy Factory?.......Traffic album with Vagabond Virgin, Pearly Queen...etc..may be mine..its really hard to decide with Winwood..so talented...so many moods...then there's Blind Faith...Clapton really influenced him there..awesome...John Barleycorn album if I'm in a jazzy mood...

But I mean Jazz.....lol...

Also love the Who, Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Hollies, Animals, Kinks ,British Invasion Music...that's me....yes the Beatles too....Lets not forget Jefferson Airplane, Janis, Crosby Stills Nash and Young...god the list goes on...

Ya even got me dancin' around this house with the utube clips...lol...feels good...thanks....

Any time, D !!! Any time :)

How about Chicago?

For you, D :)

YES..I really like all kinds of music...depends on my mood...I just realized you are bouncing back between a few threads..How the hell do you do it!..Just read about poor Gamma..Hope her foot is healing and she doesn't have too much pain..Heck if I knew her better I'd ask her if she dropped her silver on it!..only kidding...

Really a broken foot is hard to heal..poor gal...please send her my regards...

2morrow is going to be very warm..good day to rotate some wood!

Excellent day to rotate some wood. Get some drier stuff up close to the house, check your semi dry wood piles, etc !

Git 'er dun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.