I can't believe I just gave the dog the flea and heartworm meds...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
It's January 1st. Normally it is cold enough where I don't worry about either one of them. There are no mosquitos and ticks would be too cold to climb on board. Not this year... I just walked outside and it feels like it is 40.

Matt

Our dogs and cats get it year round. Been through the flea thing. Ain't doing it again.

jeff_t said:
Our dogs and cats get it year round. Been through the flea thing. Ain't doing it again.

I hear ya. Went through the flea thing for the first time in my life this year. Good grief! :grrr:

Mosquitos need 50 degree temps for 3+ days to complete a life cycle. If you don't have those temps, you are feeding your dog a therapeutic dosage of poison when it's not necessary. And feeding your vet's kids. Not that there's anything wrong with the latter if you like your vet's kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.