I can't stop buying pellets!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy118

Sep 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
My wife and kids think I'm absolutley nuts,,, kukoo,,,insane.....

It's my third year of using a pellet stove, the first year I used 1 ton,,, last year about 1 1/2 ton plus maybe 5 bags. I already have over 4 ton bought,, the most expensive being $3.54/bag,, or $177.00/ton. I just feel that I'll never see these low prices again and want to have enough stored for next year at least!!!!!
And I don;t even have a place to store them,,,, but I am lucky enough to have a buddy that has a beer distributorship with room to store a few pallets for me, although I think he thinks I'm gonna use them all up this winter,,,,,,
Every time I go to Lowe's or HD and they have a brand that I don;t already have, I grab a few,,, tell them that their competitors are selling them for $3.94/bag,,,, and they match the price and give me 10% off that...

Is it only me???? Personally I think this forum is to blame,,,,,,,,,,,

John

I feel your pain. Fortunately my wife views me buying pellets as me buying heat for the house so she doesn't say much. The two kids are too little to know the difference. I think you are smart for buying at these cheap prices and stocking up. The prices here are ridiculous right now. Averaging 260.00 a ton. I paid 225.00 last year and this year 260.00. That sucks. It's fun though, isn't it? I agree, the forum fuels my pellet problem. ;)

I love my pellets...But if you think the reason that your lucky your friend has a beer distributor is so you can store pellets, Your priorities are a mess!!! ;-P

It's called pelletitus!! And there's no known cure!!! Good luck to you.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Now John.

Nobody on this forum would stock up on pellets like you are, nope, nobody.

Nope. No one Smokey....

Congrats on the fuel.

I fell your urge to buy pellets. I now have 12 different brand to test out. If I knew which ones I like best I might really be in trouble. I have enough room for at least 20 tons. Lol

My wife just laughs at me.

Add me to the list. I have 3 tons (enough for the winter) but I just bought three open bags of Cheat River at Lowe's for 1/2 off. They are made locally here in West Virginia and I wanted to ty to burn some.

Status
Not open for further replies.