I Cut And I Cut Today And This Is All That's Left Of The Woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Well, no, not really. This is a neighbor's field.
IMG_5718.jpg

The first load.
IMG_5696.jpg

The trail that I rutted up when it was slushy, and now it's froze that way. We got a couple inches of fresh, fluffy snow yesterday.
IMG_5721.jpg

Heading for Minneapolis.
IMG_5702.jpg

Gathering up the last load of the day.
IMG_5714.jpg

There can be some nice crystal clear blue sky after a snowstorm.

You use a circular polarizer filter ?
The tree shadows on the snow look like you might have.

billb3 said:
There can be some nice crystal clear blue sky after a snowstorm.

You use a circular polarizer filter ?
The tree shadows on the snow look like you might have.
Nope, it's just a point and shoot. The lens isn't even threaded.

Great pics
Looks like sweat shirt weather.
Sun is melting the snow on the south sides if the piles.
2 weeks & we'll have heat in the sun. I 'm ready.

bogydave said:
Great pics
Looks like sweat shirt weather.
Sun is melting the snow on the south sides if the piles.
2 weeks & we'll have heat in the sun. I 'm ready.

Yeah Dave, I was looking over some pics from last March, and the snow was half gone in the middle of that month. Sun and a little warmer temps really help the process. Not bad for the winter doldrums, either. :coolsmile:

It was 15°F yesterday when I took those pics, but the sunshine really helps it feel warmer. Especially now that it's starting to get up higher in the sky again.

Here is a picture from last year, same day. This isn't our woods, because we had waist-deep snow and I couldn't cut any wood, so a buddy (JR, whom you may remember from the dizzying video) and I went riding:
IMG_7569.jpg

nice pics i love that little sleigh wood hauler ,looks like something kids would kill to ride in

That sled is from the late 60s or early 70s and A LOT of kids have ridden in it over the years. Not too many kids nowadays though. Mrs. Quads rode in it the other day!

Wow, some pretty country out your way, Quads. It's so FLAT! nothin' like that where I grew up though the temperatures were similar. It's more rolling here and not nearly as cold owing to the proximity of the big briney... zero is really, really cold night here, almost never goes below. The winter sky under solid high pressure is a truly beautiful thing.

Yep, it's quite flat. The Central Sands, where I live, is on the edge of the glaciated area from the last ice age. It's actually the bottom of an ancient lake from the melted ice. Even many of our towns have names that reflect how flat the land is here: Big Flats, Grand Marsh, Dell Prairie, Plain Field, Strongs Prairie, Richfield,...................

quads said:
Yep, it's quite flat. The Central Sands, where I live, is on the edge of the glaciated area from the last ice age. It's actually the bottom of an ancient lake from the melted ice. Even many of our towns have names that reflect how flat the land is here: Big Flats, Grand Marsh, Dell Prairie, Plain Field, Strongs Prairie, Richfield,...................

We have just about 1 township in CT that is "flat" and it's called Plainville. It's probably much hillier than any of your surrounding areas, too.

We've also got a Plainville here too. It's a little bit hillier than most though, since it's right along the Wisconsin River valley. Well, hills by our standards anyway! Which isn't much.

Status
Not open for further replies.