I cut and split most of a good sized Doug Fir today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is all.

Carry on.
Miller time, I take it... Give me an idea of the log size and how many cords came out of it. I'm curious about how to estimate split and stacked cords in a standing tree or a log. After you sharpen your chain.

Good days work.
That much work you deserve a break.

Nice pile of wood.
OOPs, you forgot pictures ? :)

Reactions: ScotO
It was a healthy tree that got half blown down last winter. Not sure how tall but it was 30+ inches across at the stump. I figure it'll be 1.5 cord when it's all said and done. Maybe 2. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Bigg Redd, WTF? You know the rules, pics or it didn't happen! :rolleyes: Just bustin yer chops, bud. Sounds like you earned a couple frosties there, eh? There should be a nice nice pile of wood from that tree, it should be ready by winter too.....

Bigg Redd, WTF? You know the rules, pics or it didn't happen! :rolleyes: Just bustin yer chops, bud. Sounds like you earned a couple frosties there, eh? There should be a nice nice pile of wood from that tree, it should be ready by winter too.....
You clearly don't know what the weather has been like here:( If it doesn't dry out here soon, he may never burn that stuff. I'm getting a bid worried about the alder I'm counting on...Nice today, though, maybe a trend?

You clearly don't know what the weather has been like here:( If it doesn't dry out here soon, he may never burn that stuff. I'm getting a bid worried about the alder I'm counting on...Nice today, though, maybe a trend?
Yeah I guess you guys are in a different "pattern" than we are here in the mid Atlantic/northeast. It's been brutally hot and humid, hell the white oak, beech, and red maple I cut this summer are drying out like MAD, I think that maple and beech will be ready by this fall (I won't be burning that stuff till 2014/2015 though!), we've had nearly NO rain here in over a month, just a storm or two. We did have a good soaker the other day, but basically that's been it. Great wood-drying weather here in the northeast.....that is about all it's good for though!

No pics at all, ever? I thought I had seen your dodge diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.