I got dumped !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
Had some loads froze in from all the rain and then low temps. It was high 40's today so I headed out to deliver a few. This customer is a weld/fab shop in a city about 40 miles from me. They burn about 50 cord/year.
They built their own furnace to heat the place with. The stove pipe dumps into a 20 foot in diameter brick smoke stack in a century old building . I'll have to get pics of the stack next week when I take them another load.

IMG_0170.jpg

Nice dumper.

Get a pic of their chimney brush.

How about bringing me a load like that tomorrow?
:)
Pretty fly truck Lee...hope ya let me take it for a spin....

50 Cords a year wow!!

Nice dump truck.

I need one load Please!

50 cord is about what solar and Jay burn together. Nice to make that sort of a delivery.

Backwoods Savage said:
50 cord is about what solar and Jay burn together. Nice to make that sort of a delivery.

Ha, I'm not sure I'll burn 5 this year. If every year was like this one, I'd be 5 years ahead instead of 3.

HoLEE MoLEE.

What's your operation like? Conveyor right into the can? Good idea, keep a few loaded up, ready to go.

I used to love hauling dirt in the winter :) . Very thankful for plastic liners and liquid chloride.

jeff_t said:
What's your operation like? Conveyor right into the can? Good idea, keep a few loaded up, ready to go.

I used to love hauling dirt in the winter :) . Very thankful for plastic liners and liquid chloride.
Yes.
I have 8 ready to go right now.
If it gets cold and stays cold it 's no problem dumping but these freze/thaw cycles piss me off. When it hits 40 after a rain then freeze cycle it's go like a mad man to get everything empty.
Box maker just told me about a no stick epoxy liner they can apply. It's alot cheaper than poly but still adds to the initial investment.

While your getting a pic of the chiney how about a shot of the custom stove they are loading all this wood into?

fortunateLEE said:
Box maker just told me about a no stick epoxy liner they can apply. It's alot cheaper than poly but still adds to the initial investment.

Hmmm. If all you put in them is firewood, it might help. Not sure how long it would last. Wouldn't hold my breath.

I would imagine the wood freezes together in a big block, too? One of my coworkers thought he could haul a load of ag lime in single digit temps without putting chloride down. After getting lost and the load being in the boxes for almost two hours, NOTHING came out. Had to park it in the 60° shop overnight and dump it in the yard the next morning. Came out looking like two giant loaves of bread.

Time for a new grille & bumper. Looks like an oops or two.

Hogwildz said:
I took a few louvers out of the grille so I can get some cardboard in there when it gets down to -20 and still be able to run without gelling and freezin my ass off in the cab.
The bumper was an oops. Priced a new one at $1800!!!! I dohn tink so Nancy !!! I pulled it back with my backhoe and massaged it with the porta power and called it good till I can find a used one cheap.

I think the bumper looks terrific.

jeff_t said:
fortunateLEE said:

Hmmm. If all you put in them is firewood, it might help. Not sure how long it would last. Wouldn't hold my breath.

I would imagine the wood freezes together in a big block, too? One of my coworkers thought he could haul a load of ag lime in single digit temps without putting chloride down. After getting lost and the load being in the boxes for almost two hours, NOTHING came out. Had to park it in the 60° shop overnight and dump it in the yard the next morning. Came out looking like two giant loaves of bread.

Very interesting! I'll bet there were some very unhappy folks over this one.

fossil said:
I think the bumper looks terrific.

Yeah, it's got character :)

I'll second the "I'll take a load !"

fortunateLEE said:
Hogwildz said:
I took a few louvers out of the grille so I can get some cardboard in there when it gets down to -20 and still be able to run without gelling and freezin my ass off in the cab.
The bumper was an oops. Priced a new one at $1800!!!! I dohn tink so Nancy !!! I pulled it back with my backhoe and massaged it with the porta power and called it good till I can find a used one cheap.

Wire tie the cardboard on the inside and you won't have to remove the bars. Give me the model of the truck and I bet I can find you an aftermarket for a hell of alot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.