I had my Harmon PC45 turned into a boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty warm

Mar 9, 2011
Minnesota
my friend told me he got a card from a guy at a show. that had a american energy countryside magum making hot water.So I checked to see if he could do the same to my harman .Instead of replacing my old propane boiler I purchased a boiler system from Crosslinkconversions.com and had it installed. Since I already had a pellet/corn stove it was cheaper than replacing the boiler in my old house. It was only $2000.00 for the kit and installation and hooked into my existing system. It has already saved me $1,500.00 this year because I am not using as much propane. And I burned just about the same amount of pellets as I did before. It's still hard to believe that little stove is doing so much more.

Interesting. I have registered in the Forums section on the web site &
I have requested pricing on feeding a radiant flooring system for my P61.
If this is doable, bye bye dinosaurs!
Thanx for the heads up!

Interesting

Not something you would do from scratch, better to buy a Furnace that could also operate as a Stove - see Farenheit.

Seems a lot of money for what it looks like. No schematics.

Como said:
Interesting

Not something you would do from scratch, better to buy a Furnace that could also operate as a Stove - see Farenheit.

Seems a lot of money for what it looks like. No schematics.
ya thats what people told me .I checked out Harman's and central-boilers option's wow up to 8 bushels a day plus .There is a place for them corn eater's just not for me . I only heat 2,700 sq ft and all ready owned a pc45 that I know how much it took to keep my basement warm using it!!!!!!!!!! this system works great for my needs, and I burn two bags of pellets with alittle corn mixed in on the coldest days.yes my boiler still has come on( to help it sometimes )may be ten times a day for 3 or 4 Min's.( on windy -0 days). So far this winter only two weeks or so of the really cold days so far. Which is Lot better than it was before.!( I remember my boiler ran none stop before) on the same kind of day's I do not know about the numbers ( schematics)you seem to want for this kind of system, But the proof is in the pudding!!!! .And I have saved around $1500.00 so far not counting, if I would have had to paid around $7,000.00 for the ones who number's are not always right on the money anyway. And I could not have afforded to feed it.( or spent more money I did not have ). thanks for you replies, maybe someone will check out Fahrenheits and be as happy and warm as I am.!!!

2 bags is 650,000btu

So you are probably getting about 500,000 btus net The Fahrenheit might be slightly more efficient, but probably not enough to make a major difference.

Some high tech pellet boilers would be more efficient and of course if you use radiant heat you can use lower energy levels to produce the same feel. So a double saving.

I would assume that with the inputs you mentioned for the other Manufacturers they would be producing a lot more than you need.

OK I LOOKED AT FARENHEIT STOVE VIEDIO. I WENT DOWN STAIRS AN SEEN HOW MANY BTU'S MY OLD BOILER WAS ( ITS OLD AND WHO KNOW'S HOW EFFENCHENT MY 50% )THEN I LOOKED AT THE NUMBERS OF HYDROFLEX 60 PELLET BOILER. I AM A 63 YEAR OLD GRANDMA THAT WORKS AT WALLMART. I AM NOT AS SMART AS YOU GUY'S WITH THIS BTU STUFF,SO I LOOK AT THE COST TO FIX,COST TO REPLACE,COST TO RUN,AND WHAT I NEED IT TO DO. THE FLEX 60 LOOKS NICER AND BURNS 7 POUNDS OF PELLETS AN HR TO MAKE 60,000 BTU'S. (I DO NOT NOW THE COST IT DOES NOT MATTER AT THIS POINT )IT MAY OR MAY NOT DO THE SAME AS MY OLD 100,OOO BTU BOILER.SOME ONE FIGURED OUT THIS OLD HOUSE NEEDED THAT BIG OF BOILER AT ONE TIME. THERE WERE NO NUMBERS FOR HOW MANY SQ FT IT SHOULD DO. SO I LOOKED AT THE NEXT SIZE BIGGER A PB 105 .ITS 113,900 IT SAYS IT SHOULD HEAT 2500 SQ FT.BUT DOES NOT SAY HOW MANY POUNDS OF PELLETS PER HR (FUNNY HOW THEY SEEM TO NOT TELL YOU SOME THINGS) AND WHEN YOU GET IT HOME YOU FIND OUT WHY.SO LETS SAY ITS 2 TIMES BIGGER IN THE BTU THING THAN THE 60 (AROUND 120 BTUS) BUT IT SAYS 113,900 BTU'S SO MAY BE IT TAKES AROUND 14 POUNDS TO MAKE 13,900BTUS 14 POUNDS TIMES 24 HRS =336 POUNDS OF MONEY. NOW THERE IS SOME KIND STOVE OUT THERE THAT IS MAYBE BETTER THAN THE ONCES I LOOKED AT.AND THAT MUST BE WHY SOMEONE STARTED THIS FORUM THING. SO PEOPLE COULD TELL OTHER PEOPLE INFO THAT THEY HAVE LEARNED (HOPEFULLY) FROM THERE OWN EXPEARENCES.INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS AND LISTENING FROM THE PEOPLE WHO ARE TRAINED TO SELL US THERE PRODUCT.HAS ANYONE EVER RAN INTO A TIME SHARE SELLER? ANY WAY .IF I WAS TO BUY THE ONE TO REPLACE MY BOILER IT I WOULD THINK THAT THE SIZE OF MY HOUSE (2700SQ FT)WOULD BE THE PLACE TO START SO THE (2500SQ FT BOILER) I THINK THEY WOULD TELL ME TO BUY? NOW I WOULD HAVE A NEW BETTER BOILER AND A LOAN ON MY HOUSE. AND STILL HAVE TO RUN MY PC45 FOR THE BASEMENT AND NOT BE ABEL TO SIT IN MY CHAIR IN FRONT OF IT AND REST MY TIERD OLD BONE'S FROM WORKING FOR $8.95 PER HOUR

Reactions: Love the Heat
toasty warm said:
my friend told me he got a card from a guy at a show. that had a american energy countryside magum making hot water.So I checked to see if he could do the same to my harman .Instead of replacing my old propane boiler I purchased a boiler system from Crosslinkconversions.com and had it installed. Since I already had a pellet/corn stove it was cheaper than replacing the boiler in my old house. It was only $2000.00 for the kit and installation and hooked into my existing system. It has already saved me $1,500.00 this year because I am not using as much propane. And I burned just about the same amount of pellets as I did before. It's still hard to believe that little stove is doing so much more.

Can anyone convince me that I'm just paranoid for thinking that toasty warm is an insider in this outfit "Crosslink conversions"? It's the feeling I get every time I bring this thread up to read the next entry. I can't help it!

look I do not know about this fourm thing but i keep getting emails from it. so I answer.just cancel me out ,sorry for shareing,So please stop sending me notices I will not answer them any more

First real down and cold weather to see if the crosslink in the pc45 will heat my entire home. Well todays high was 18 degrees with a NW wind hitting 30 and highest gust of 44. Coolest room at far room of the house was 66 and the rest was warmer. the basement with the infloor was 72 with the stove set between 70 and 75 on the dial. Went through 50lbs last 24hrs. Happy with the heat and savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.