I have a 2004 Breckwell 2000i sometimes convection blower doesn’t start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chuckiechan

Dec 13, 2017
Roseville, ca
Once in a while the fire blower seems to work normally, but the convection fan does not. So I have to unplug, re plug to let it cool down. It is infrequent but bothers me.
I could be the board, or the blower, or?
Ideas?

A little more info, please. Does the convection blower come on
and then when the stove is hot it shuts down (the blower) Or
does it sometimes just not start?

i would start with changing out the snap discs.. and not the ebay ones stick with OEM i just found out the hard way the ebay ones are good for a back up but they can cause some strange things.

I just did all that on mine.. time all said and done I was in about 2g canadian.. start with the cheap things first

Reactions: Chuckiechan
If convection (room) blower does not come on occasionally, I'd suspect first the ceramic snap disc that closes, allowing the blower to come on. You can bypass that switch to check the blower operation too, but if the blower turns smoothly, not making noise, then the snap disc is my first suspect. Also, doesn't Breckwell let you override the blower speed and has a high fan switch on the board? I thought they did...
Replacing the blowers are costly, if they are working ok, I don't think I would replace them, unless you really want to of course. Good luck.

If convection (room) blower does not come on occasionally, I'd suspect first the ceramic snap disc that closes, allowing the blower to come on. You can bypass that switch to check the blower operation too, but if the blower turns smoothly, not making noise, then the snap disc is my first suspect. Also, doesn't Breckwell let you override the blower speed and has a high fan switch on the board? I thought they did...
Replacing the blowers are costly, if they are working ok, I don't think I would replace them, unless you really want to of course. Good luck.
yes they do have a over ride.

Hey- no I don't think its the high limit snapdisc, I think its the normal proof of flame snapdisck, that will allow the fan to come on after unit is heated up.

Reactions: Chuckiechan