I have a itch I can't scratch!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziprich

Sep 19, 2011
Western Md (Hagerstown)
I'm not sure whats going on with me lately, but i cant get my mind off of wood burning. All i want to do is fire up the wood stove. I keep looking for smaller stoves to put in other parts of the house. which is really crazy because my stove heated my house perfectly last winter. My wife thinks im nuts and cant understand why on earth i cant wait intill fall. I guess I will have a couple fires in the fire pit to hold me over. Its going to be a long summer!

Reactions: doug crane
I was thinking of starting a group called WA. That's WoodBurner's Anonymous and would help those of us suffering with this problem.

Every time I hear a chainsaw in my neigborhood I am like a beaver who hears running water and has to chomp some wood. You learn to live with it, and so does the rest
of the family _g.

I am laughing my butt off.

Hi I'm mike and I'm addicted to wood!

I guess oak is better then coke!

This was my first season heating with wood. All I do is think and dream about cutting splitting and burning. When I get home I always split at least 1 log. I write down the phone # of every tree service company I see. I've even pulled a logging truck over this winter and paid him a $100 bucks to come to my house. I'm almost 2 years ahead on splitting with probably enough for the third year all ready bucked and I'm considering on getting more.

I'm not sure whats going on with me lately, but i cant get my mind off of wood burning. All i want to do is fire up the wood stove. I keep looking for smaller stoves to put in other parts of the house. which is really crazy because my stove heated my house perfectly last winter. My wife thinks im nuts and cant understand why on earth i cant wait intill fall. I guess I will have a couple fires in the fire pit to hold me over. Its going to be a long summer!

Multiple stoves is the quickest remedy for burning addiction.

Hello, My name is Sue and I'm a woodaholic--
Er, I'm a Burnaholic--
Aw heck, I'm a firebug.

Ziprich said:
I'm not sure whats going on with me lately, but i cant get my mind off of wood burning. All i want to do is fire up the wood stove. I keep looking for smaller stoves to put in other parts of the house. which is really crazy because my stove heated my house perfectly last winter. My wife thinks im nuts and cant understand why on earth i cant wait intill fall. I guess I will have a couple fires in the fire pit to hold me over. Its going to be a long summer!​

Amen.

40 years, still addicted. Get you one of these.
Outside burner 12 edit.jpg

tfdchief did me in. Every since he posted that pic I have had a fire in the old stove out back every night. Including tonight. I just came in for a beer. If the fire guys drop by I will just say "Everybody else is burning in a $79 sheet metal fire pit from Lowe's. I am burning in a six hundred and fifty pound 1/4" and 3/8" plate fire pit that used to heat this house. Want a beer?"

Reactions: tfdchief
I keep looking for smaller stoves to put in other parts of the house. which is really crazy because my stove heated my house perfectly last winter. My wife thinks im nuts!!

Ive got a few myself...... Its an addiction.

Still got that Jotul, BB?

Wanna few more. I have three that I seriously need to get rid of. ;em

For the right price.... I wouldnt mind a road trip. Going through your area in August. Going to Virginia Beach. I dont know if the Wife and Kids would mind the Detour. But my 30x40 Barn needs Heat! !!

Just a Jotul F3 and a Jotul F100 that really need to go. Not enough firepower for that space. The other one is the 25-PDVC and I have a bunch of pellets to burn off before I do something with it.

Could ya pencil me in for the F3, please?

Both BB's are full o crap. It is a fact that all "good" things are better in multiples....:);lol>> See, multiple smileys=better that just one measly one.
Just say'in.

I'm good . . . then again our heating season starts in September typically and runs until May or so . . . it's kind of nice to get a bit of a break . . . and in the mean time there's always camping and the fire pit when I have the need to burn something up.

I get a wistful thought about the comfort of a good fire, then I recall the bone aching fun of splitting and stacking the wood.<>

tfdchief did me in. Every since he posted that pic I have had a fire in the old stove out back every night. Including tonight. I just came in for a beer. If the fire guys drop by I will just say "Everybody else is burning in a $79 sheet metal fire pit from Lowe's. I am burning in a six hundred and fifty pound 1/4" and 3/8" plate fire pit that used to heat this house. Want a beer?"
Yes! always better with a fire! Glad I could be of some inspiration, or coruption;lol

Multiple StOves Gamma, not O's. :eek: (If you hit the Like button now, we'll understand)
Keeping two or three (stoves) going at once cures a guy real fast.

Now that I went to the huge firebox found in the new kitchen stoves, I light a small fire to cook every morning and let it die by 9 or 10. I'm looking forward to harvest time canning the garden stuff, and boiling down pumpkin. Lots of reasons to burn here. A good pumpkin crop with 100 pumpkins borders commercial canning and freezing pumpkin goop. With the summer grate out, the oven comes up to 300 without even circulating the exhaust around it. So we're more inclined to throw something in just cuz it's hot. Raising the fire on the summer grate only heats the stove top. Tiny splits use next to nothing. Perfect ! I'm thinking an operable roof window to be able to open over the stove for light and exhaust the unwanted heat during summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.