I have an old Sierra model 007 cat., ser. num. WHI000165

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2011
jackmanistan, maine
It says sierra mfg. Harrisonburg, va. How old is it and where do I find the cat for it? It says dominion woodstoves on the door has two knobs, 3/16" plate, a baffle with lever and it burns for 6-12 hrs without the cat so how much better can it get?

Thank you, I have been researching for months but haven't been able to find a pic. All of the riteway pics I saw were of the airbox variety so I gave up on that path. It could've been a classic case of my luck with internet searches. Any idea on the year? This stove amazed me, i believe it could heat a 2500 sq. ft. house easily we crack windows at -10 f regularly.

I have pics of this beast if it helps.

The PM I sent you in reply to yours has everything I know about the company and the old stove.

I have this boat anchor... very different from yours, but a Sierra nonetheless.

I haven't had any better luck than you in finding more info other than what BrotherBart knows...

Attachments

• Stove.jpg
    Stove.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 430
Gotta write the book someday I guess. They tried to stay alive with a contract making carts for the Postal Service. Borrowed too much money for equipment and the bank finally shut'em down.

It was probably the creditors that sold the name and rights to the designs. Next it was High Sierra and then the California company.

Status
Not open for further replies.