I have no idea wood id part 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

etiger2007

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2012
Clio Michigan
Again trees in the yard, not sure what they are and if they are good to burn.

Attachments

• chimney 014.jpg
    chimney 014.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 139
  • chimney 016.jpg
    chimney 016.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 151
Elm? Based on leaves; I'm just getting my guess on record!

beech

That smooth, grey bark is definitely Beech. The leaves are similar to Elm but lack the asymmetrical base of an elm leaf.

Smooth bark like an elephant equals beech! Good stuff! :)

definately beech. One of the better tight-grained hardwoods, IMHO. I have lots of it in the stacks...

That would be beech. Great for firewood and seasons faster than oak.

Oh well. I'll catch on eventually :)

I have a tree with leave similar, but the bark looks like the maple tree right next to it.

Late to the game . . . but beech.

Beech bark is often smooth . . . may be pockmarked like a teen-ager with bad acne sometimes as well.

Elm leaves are similar . . . typically hairy underneath vs. beech which are smooth top and bottom.

Don't know how I missed this thread earlier. Yes, to the beech. Good firewood. Get all you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.