I heat my house with dog food

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heydan

I was hoping to get to use my stove last night but I found that when my two big dogs and I pile into bed we collectively amount to over 400 lbs of warm blooded mammal and we raise the temperature of the room a few degrees using body heat alone. So I didn't need to burn anything other than dog food last night. ;)

Let's just hope it's not through gasification, I don't think they'll certify a bedspread for those temps! ;)

heydan said:
I was hoping to get to use my stove last night but I found that when my two big dogs and I pile into bed we collectively amount to over 400 lbs of warm blooded mammal and we raise the temperature of the room a few degrees using body heat alone. So I didn't need to burn anything other than dog food last night. ;)

Sounds like a Three Dog Night. Sing the praises of manimal heat , joy to the world :p

heydan said:

This just sounds sooooooooooooo wrong on sooooooooo many levels. :) ;-P ;-P

Gibbonboy said:
Let's just hope it's not through gasification, I don't think they'll certify a bedspread for those temps! ;)

ROTFLMAO...I had the same exact thought...Around these parts we talk about wood gassification...not dog gasification :) :) :-S :)

SAME HERE-

Me- 225

Moe (English Bulldog) 85

Maggie(Cocker Spaniel) 15

That equals 325 pounds of heat generating mammal--

2 full size comforters, plus one doggie blanket-slobber protection- equals on warm bed.

As for gasification, between moe being who he is and my diet of beer and spicy food, -- don't light a match!

njtomatoguy said:
SAME HERE-

Me- 225

Moe (English Bulldog) 85

Maggie(Cocker Spaniel) 15

That equals 325 pounds of heat generating mammal--

2 full size comforters, plus one doggie blanket-slobber protection- equals on warm bed.

As for gasification, between moe being who he is and my diet of beer and spicy food, -- don't light a match!

Hmmm... I think I will stick with wood heat.

LOL .......I have spooned with my wife but dont think i have spooned a dog before let a lone 2 of them.
I'm with Brotherbart ..........I'll second the wood heat.

LMAO..........I KNOW I haven't spooned a dog before! So, I'll third the wood..........

Keepin wood heat and dog heat separate...she knows where the stove is, where her bed is, and that she is not supposed to be in our bed!...

Big dogs can be very forceful spooners. They like to lean into it with all their weight. So when my two dogs both spoon me at the same time from opposite sides, it's like sleeping in a vise. And if they're on top of the covers and I'm underneath, it has the effect of pinning me down. Sometimes I have to wriggle down under the covers and out via the foot of the bed to escape. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.