I hit the mother load.....wood NJ still more for the taking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike821

Nov 3, 2010
Bridgewater NJ
Hey all!

I found a add in Criagslist for free wood. This is the link http://cnj.craigslist.org/zip/2056884354.html . I called because I could not make it Saturday and the gentlemen was so nice to let me get some wood today. I thought it was agoing to be some crap and some good rounds. Well....I arived and all I can say was...PAY DIRT!!!!!!!!!!!! I hit the wood lottery. Cherry, Oak, Maple, Ash, Walnut, Black Locust....and Popular. Some other kinds of wood, but it was some of the best rounds I have seen in years. Lets just say there is a pile 15-20' high 40' wide and 80' long. 70 trees were cut Jan 2010. There has to be 100 cords.......!!!!!!!! Some burnable this year and some needs to be cut split and will be good for next year. I just finished loading and unloading 14,000 lbs. of wood by hand. I stacked my 16' landscape trailer to the max.

Shoot this guy an email and tell him Mike told you about the wood. Use the below address and stick it in the to field in your email.

[email protected]

Mike821

Wow! That is one sweet find. Congratulations.

You're going back, right? keep hauling until it runs out. You won't get too many chances like this one.

Holy Hell! What is this place? Is it a landscaper's dump yard or something? I'm going to try to make it over there tomorrow.

Thanks for reporting back on this one! I saw the ad but wasn't real motivated...til now! Though the wife doesn't think we have any more room for wood....

The guy clear cut a lot of 70 trees. He just piled them up in two sections. Some small stuff that you will have to dig out, rounds 18"-36", and some monster logs. You name the size and this dude has it. I got four cords or more before dark last night. My wife told me if I bring home anymore wood I can build myself a shed with it and sleep in it. (lol) Plus not to mention loading and unloading 14K lbs of wood has made me a hurting unit this morning.

a pick of my find.....some of the wood

Attachments

• IMG_7959.jpg
    IMG_7959.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.