I just started....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suprz

Sep 24, 2012
Rhode island
My first ever woodpile. I know...no pics, no proof, But i started by splitting some year old black locust that has been sitting on the ground in my backyard....tough to split with just a hammer and a hatchet but i managed to get 4 of the 12 rounds split and stacked along with some already split oak from a camping trip 2years ago...i wish i had a nice electric log splitter... Maybe soon....."honey, now that we have the woodstove......i could really use that log splitterr we were looking at...."

Locust is great firewood , along with that oak ya got. Could use a log splitter myself. Maybe one day....

My first ever woodpile. I know...no pics, no proof, But i started by splitting some year old black locust that has been sitting on the ground in my backyard....tough to split with just a hammer and a hatchet but i managed to get 4 of the 12 rounds split and stacked along with some already split oak from a camping trip 2years ago...i wish i had a nice electric log splitter... Maybe soon....."honey, now that we have the woodstove......i could really use that log splitterr we were looking at...."

We all have to start somewhere...just keep at it and watch it grow into an obsession. Already talking about a splitter?...just jump in with both feet huh.
Just remember its easier to get forgiveness than permission...;)(do this at own risk...ha)

Odd you mention the Fiskars, because that is the brand of hatchet i used to split the locust...great little hatchet

Status
Not open for further replies.