I love this website!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstorms

Nov 29, 2008
Missouri
Hi all,

Not long ago I was blessed to receive a free wood stove from a friend. It was a Earthstove 1100. I did the install my self with a bunch of help on reading through the forums. I used all the right double wall venting and the right set backs. My family of 4 loves the warm heat and we are addicted! It is a fun family thing to go and cut wood together and a blessing to spend the time together. I have also learned a bunch about my catalytic stove here. I also bit the bullet and got a Stihl. I sold that Poulan thing as quick as I could after using it a couple of times and reading the forums. I just wanted to say what a great website this is and Thank you!

Earthstove 1100
Stihl 270C
2000 dakota
trailer yet to come....

kenny chaos said:
Welcome but we need pictures.
Thank-you
Ken

i second that! nothing worse than "hearing' about a stove we need pics

Welcome, and enjoy the heat. I spent the first half of the day hauling, splitting, and stacking. It can be tiring, but it is rewarding work, especially knowing the family will be warm this winter.

I agree i love this site also. I find myself looking at it almost every night while i burn my Jotul F3. There is nothing like watching all of your hard earned work working for you. I cut, split, and stack all my own wood off of my 9 acres. Not to mention its all hard wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.