I Made Some Firewood Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
I decided to get out early and do something productive before it gets too hot....calling for 90+ by this afternoon.

Almost all hedge with a few pieces of cottonwood (don't ask).

Attachments

• 2012-05-26_09-32-35_958.jpg
    2012-05-26_09-32-35_958.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 158
Man, one of the days I'm going to come across some o' dat yaller wood. Until then, I'll just have to make do... ==c

What is that Crottonwood doing in there? Oh yeah, we're not supposed to ask. Maybe you took it off somebody's hands as a goodwill gesture... ;lol

Even though it's supposed to hit the upper 90s, humidity will be below 40% and there will be a breeze. I will be out there splitting and stacking...and listening to my already-stacked wood make cracking, popping sounds as it rapidly dries out in these awesome conditions! ::-)

Reactions: mfglickman
If you need more cotten wood I'll trade you some for the hedge.

I decided to do the same today. Started about 7:30 and had enough at around 12:30. Split and stacked ash,maple and white oak then cleaned up around my processing area. About two wheel barrows full of scaps to the burn pile and she's blazin' away. Will make some nice coals tonight for the hot dogs and smores.

Reactions: DexterDay
WOW, 90. At 85 I melt.
Is the humidity high too?
Nice pile of wood, might be best to stack it a night when it cooler ;)

Keep hydrated :)

Its about 95 right now, but only 34% humidity. I only spent a couple hours splitting it...will stack it as time and temperature allow in the evenings. I won't be burning this until 2014, so I'm not in a hury.

WOW, 90. At 85 I melt.
Is the humidity high too?
Nice pile of wood, might be best to stack it a night when it cooler ;)

Keep hydrated :)

90+ here with damn near 100% humidity today. I was moving at half the speed of S-L-O-W.

88 here, hate to admit it but turned on the AC for the first time a half hour ago. My 7+ cords of mostly black and honey locust are c/s/s just setting there letting out more humidity to the air. Much as I enjoy putting up firewood this isn't a day I want to wear chaps and my saw don't run without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.