I might have to buy wood at lake George!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Mrs. Flatbedford and I are planning to spend a few days doing some island camping at Lake George right after labor Day weekend. In NY, we can not transport firewood more than 50 miles due to threats of pests and disease. I hate the idea of buying over priced bundles of fire wood up there when I have nearly 10 cords at the house. I could easily smuggle my wood onto the site, but I don't want to do the wrong thing. Anybody from the area know of an affordable source that is convenient to I-87 and near the lake? I'll be traveling from the South.

I'm going up there next weekend, Flatbed. 27th-30th. I cant wait.

We'll be there Sep. 6-8. It should be a little quieter with all the kids in school. One advantage of getting older. You don't have to plan vacations around school breaks. We were there for one night back in July and had to go back.

Attachments

• DSC06640.jpg
    DSC06640.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 262
Steve, maybe we should camp out with that at the Woodstock Open House?!

Dennis --- I'm really not getting used to NOT seeing you sitting on that milk-crate!! I'm going thru vertical-withdrawl :p

OMG. I may have to change the avatar back!

Its not that I dont LIKE that beautiful deer..... We're just so accustomed to seeing your smiling mug on that old crate :lol:

How's that grab you?

I still see the deer....is he watching you sitting at the splitter?

Hit F5 on your keyboard and it will change.

Youre like a wood Magician!!

;-)

What part of the 32 mile long lake are you going to be at. I've heard good things about a spot off 26, but if you are going to be at the village at 21, it would be a long drive. Good choice on times though. After LD, the area is the nicest to be at. It's my favorite time.

Matt

We are gonna launch the boat at Bolton Landing and head up too The Narrows. Google maps says Ex 21, but I think 24 would work too.

24 is Tongue Mountain and is the closest to Bolton. Make sure you have good brakes if you are going to pull a boat down it. A tour bus lost theirs and went over the cliff at the bottom about 10 years ago. 23 is Diamond Point which is also a real steep one. Exit 21 would probably be the easiest to tow from. I can't recall 22, but it should be fine also. There are lots of places off 25 that sell firewood, but I don't know the quality. No matter where you buy it from you probably are looking at whatever white pine they had to take down this winter.

MAtt

Status
Not open for further replies.