I need a technician to come out and repair!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katecurry

Hearth Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
sout jersey
HELP.....I live in southern New Jersey (near AC). I have been searching for a technician to come to the house and inspect and repair a very tempermental Vulcan (danson) F22. I know, I know....no one has ever heard of this stove. WE have multiple problems with this stove and my very mechaniccally inclined union electrician husband has given up trying to get it to stay lit and burn. We have relaced everything from the firebrick holder, combustion fan, switch, gasket and igniter assembly and it still won't burn correctly. Hell...it wont ignite at all anymore. All i want is a service call. Is there anyone out ther who works on these things professionally? My husband is so frustrated he wont even call the tech at dansons anymore. Im sitting on 3 leftover tons of pellets and am mad as HELL!!!
Hopefully
Kate Curry

easy, now.. what does it do (or not do?)

summit's right , a description of the problems would be a good idea, cant fix it until we know whats broken and what its doing will help a bunch. i got the wont stay lit and now wont light , in what way wouldnt it stay lit? no fuel? , no airflow? does it smoke? does the control board (controls) give you any fault message?(some do some dont)

oh and by the way i looked at the manual , no help at all , do you know where i can look at a schematic (electrical) online for your unit i couldnt find one

EDIT, found it , http://www.dansons.com/downloads/manual-pelpro.pdf
looking now, will help to know what switch was replaced it could be one of a couple different switches looking at what im seeing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.