i need help on mt vernon insert.....please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica1029

Nov 10, 2010
SOUTH SHORE
I am wondering if anyone can give me any help on trouble shooting mt vernon insert. I had the stove working fine and then after it being shut off for a few hours it will not restart. The control board just flashes blue and I hear nothing turning on. Any ideas on what could be the problem. The control board was replaced last winter which was my first experience with the stove. I would appreciate any help! thanks

Welcome to the forum JESS1029,

I'm sure that someone that has that stove or works on them will come along and lend a hand.

Try removing the faceplate from the thermostat, that reboots it, also if the thermo is not communicating with the motherboard, try lifting up gently on the thermostat wires where they connect to the stove, this helps too sometimes.

I guess the obvious question too is, did you try unplugging it from the wall for 15 seconds to reset things?

Is it an old mt vernon or an AE ?
when you say the control board flashes blue do you mean the thermostat ?

It's an AE, Quad didn't have a Mt Vernon insert until the the AE platform. Check to make sure the thermostat connections are tight at stove and thermostat. Inside the stove on the left side where the control board is the 3 wires coming off the t-stat connector, they should not be zip tied together, if they are cut the tie and leave wires loose.

I check the wires and removed face plate on thermostat. I am not sure if I next should check the auger? The stove just has the blue light blinking three times and the red light stays on thats it.....help

The thermostat will stay blinking until you find the problem, the red light is suppose to stay on. Were the wires in the stove zip tied together? Have you unplugged the stove the stove like Gweeper64 said?

Are you sure you have a Mt Vernon AE? Where was this yellow light cause I don't know of any yellow light on an AE. Is this for real?

Are you still in warranty (should be 2 years)? If so, I would call your dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.