I need wheels and tires for my snowmobile trailer.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
I really have no idea where to get wheels and tires for my trailer. There is a local trailer dealer within 10 miles and a tire dealer within 6 miles, but I got a feeling there gonna order them from someone else and just jack up the price. I am gonna check tirerack.com. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Who makes the trailer? you can probably go to the manufacturers website and get the specs there. Once you have that you can try a local dealer or try the tire store.

IIRC it was about 85 bucks 3 years ago for a full rim and tire for a spare for my trailer. (Karavan 2 place enclosed snowmobile trailer)

northern tool?

You might try checking a farm and home store, if you have anything like that. Around here Farm and Fleet/ Fleet Farm sell a good selection of small trailer tires w/ rim for around $50, and that's made in USA. Tractor Supply is just a little bit more $$$. Menards is cheap but the tires are chinese and smell like it. For that price I don't mess with having tires mounted on my old rims, but if yours aren't all rusty you might save some $.

Jack, have you called your local tire dealers? I think you may be surprised--my brother needed to replace his travel trailer tires, and it was cheaper to buy a whole new set, with new wheels, at the local tire dealer than it was at the local TSC. Oh, and they mounted, balanced, and installed them as part of the deal.

Check 'em out.

S

thinkxingu said:
Jack, have you called your local tire dealers? I think you may be surprised--my brother needed to replace his travel trailer tires, and it was cheaper to buy a whole new set, with new wheels, at the local tire dealer than it was at the local TSC. Oh, and they mounted, balanced, and installed them as part of the deal.

Check 'em out.

S

+1 . . . In the past I've sometimes just bought the whole kit and kaboodle from the local tire dealer . . . as mentioned it's sometimes as cheap as buying the tire and mounting it to the rim.

Our local Walmart has tire and rim combinations....last time I checked they had 5 bolt patterns rim/tire for like $70 each

Status
Not open for further replies.