i think it's the stove!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
i been burnin quality pellets in this thing and it just isnt right......no matter the settings i put it on nothin changes!!!! white towel in hand

I know this stove has been a pain in your side, And hopefully not the wallet.

Geek was saying the firesides were small pellets. And as I recall they burned the best for you. What were the settings that the firesides liked? And what are they for the spruce pointes?

I don't have aany experiance with the Englanders. Hopefully Mike will chime in.

jay

jtakeman said:
I know this stove has been a pain in your side, And hopefully not the wallet.

Geek was saying the firesides were small pellets. And as I recall they burned the best for you. What were the settings that the firesides liked? And what are they for the spruce pointes?

I don't have aany experiance with the Englanders. Hopefully Mike will chime in.

jay
firesides i had the LFF on 3....spruce i have it on 2 and its still to much with the air as high as it goes (9)...best way i can describe it is if u ever seen the inside of a house on fire where the fire rides the wall and then travels the ceiling....this is what it looks like on all settings

jtakeman said:
Hemi,

do you have an OAK on the stove?

jay
yes....clear and only about 2ft in length.....i have spoke to mike a few times but no luck yet

I was hoping you said no.

I will go read the other posts. But it seems it is over feeding pellets. Sounds like you have enough air. I take it the stove is new.

I can see why your at whits end with this stove.

jay

jtakeman said:
I was hoping you said no.

I will go read the other posts. But it seems it is over feeding pellets. Sounds like you have enough air. I take it the stove is new.

I can see why your at whits end with this stove.

jay
yeah was new in march of this year so really hasn't seen much burn time...new control board was put in also,along with new top auger motor...BTW thanks for all your help.

HEMI_1500 said:
......yeah was new in march of this year so really hasn't seen much burn time...new control board was put in also,along with new top auger motor...BTW thanks for all your help.

Hemi, I haven't been following your problems real closely, as I am an Englander "newbie", so pardon me if i ask a question that might have been asked already.

When you first installed the stove in march, did it EVER burn "correctly"?

macman said:
HEMI_1500 said:
......yeah was new in march of this year so really hasn't seen much burn time...new control board was put in also,along with new top auger motor...BTW thanks for all your help.

Hemi, I haven't been following your problems real closely, as I am an Englander "newbie", so pardon me if i ask a question that might have been asked already.

When you first installed the stove in march, did it EVER burn "correctly"?
ya know mac, when i installed it and test ran it i think i was so excited about it i didn't pay much attention to it, until august when i wanted to get a good feel for it before the cold came so i bought some test bags, joined this site and started reading and sayin to myself that i have the same issues that others seem to have....and thanks in advance for any advice you give also....gtreatly appreciated

HEMI_1500 said:
....ya know mac, when i installed it and test ran it i think i was so excited about it i didn't pay much attention to it, until august when i wanted to get a good feel for it before the cold came so i bought some test bags, joined this site and started reading and sayin to myself that i have the same issues that others seem to have....and thanks in advance for any advice you give also....gtreatly appreciated

Sorry hemi, I really don't have any answers for you.

I guess I was trying to get you to think back to what you did, or what might have happened to the stove (if anything) immediately before the problems started. (moved the stove, changed venting, electrical surge in the house, etc, etc).

I feel bad :down: ...wish I could help, but like I said, I'm an Englander stove "newbie" myself.....still learning.

Good luck!

If you are still getting too many pellets in your burn pot, try closing the opening in the bottom of the hopper a little bit. I usually have to do this when iI burn different brands of pellets that have different lengths, to either open it up more for longer pellets, or close it for shorter lengths.

packerfan said:
If you are still getting too many pellets in your burn pot, try closing the opening in the bottom of the hopper a little bit. I usually have to do this when iI burn different brands of pellets that have different lengths, to either open it up more for longer pellets, or close it for shorter lengths.
i even have it closed as far as it can be with long pellets to slow it down...most of the lazy fire is in the right corner of the burn pot where the igniter is, not sure if that means abything

Status
Not open for further replies.