I thought I'd woken up in Heaven.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
This was the view from our front bedroom window first thing this morning....

01Cautionsign.jpg

Yes, tree surgeons had arrived to remove dead limbs from 3 oaks and remove a couple of other trees from a house across the road!

They didn't take long to get to work:

01Treesurgeoninaction.jpg

And the view of a branch being cut about 50ft up was well worth a shot:

01Treesurgeoninaction2.jpg

Mrs woodchip was as quick with her charming request as I was with my camera, and by this evening, I not only had all the wood over my side of the road, but had started splitting it too.

Loads of oak, some chestnut, and a whole birch tree, all for a tenner and some beer:

01Alreadysplit.jpg

Sweet! Warm beer, I assume ( i don't get it , cold os SOOOOO much better) :p

It pays to get upin the morning, nice score woodchip.

zap

Very nice.
Premium btu's in a year or 2.
Lucky you. :)

That is perfect. :coolsmile:

wood-fan-atic said:
Sweet! Warm beer, I assume ( i don't get it , cold os SOOOOO much better) :p

Depends on the beer.

Nice to have someone doing half the work for you. Nice score.

That's a good day's work for a tenner. I wonder what else you could get done with $10 (£10?) and some beers....?

Awesome! Love it when those situations come up - keeps you smiling all day! Cheers!

ValentineHill said:
That's a good day's work for a tenner. I wonder what else you could get done with $10 (£10?) and some beers....?

10 pounds is worth about $15.90 as of late today.Still a helluva bargain. :coolsmile:

woodchip, that is fantastic! I've done a bit of tree trimming and always enjoyed it but not any more. Seems my limbs now don't move as easy as the tree limbs do.

What a wonderful thing to wake up to. WTG !!!

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.