I want videos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisNJ

Feeling the Heat
Sep 25, 2009
Burlington County
Of whomever is will to drop these three huge oaks for free. LOL and I want some of their score :p if it wasnt an hour away.

I have 3 large oak trees I need down if you are interested and able to cut down feel free to have all the wood.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

th_3oaks.gif

I had an oak about like that in my back yard- I couldn't get a professional service to even give me an estimate because of the proximity to the power line- they would show up take one look and say nope. After about 2 yrs of run around finally got the power co to drop it before the dead thing fell on my house.

HardWoodW said:
I had an oak about like that in my back yard- I couldn't get a professional service to even give me an estimate because of the proximity to the power line- they would show up take one look and say nope. After about 2 yrs of run around finally got the power co to drop it before the dead thing fell on my house.

+1. Always call the power company first if it's next to the lines. They will often cut it down for free depending on who's your power company.

I'm planning to top a maple tree in my front yard that looks very similar to that situation, right between my house and the powerlines, but not as high thankfully. The power company has trimed the branches back several times, but that only made the tree grow taller.
My plan is to set up some steel staging scaffolding around the tree so I can have a secure platform to work from. I'm not really looking forward to it, and I sure wouldn't be doing it for somebody else FOR FREE!

I will fell it....

You can have it Jay. I'll watch.

I'll glady drop em. The ad don't say anything about not takin down the wires lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.