I went and done did it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Had that "need a new stove" think thing crawing at the back of my brain for a few weeks now.

I went ahead and ordered it today.

M55-Cast. Freestanding
Gonna pick it up and install it myself next week when it comes in to dealer.

Also had to order new Venting as my EF-2 uses 3" and the M55 is 4".
Got that from DynamiteBuys.
I vent straight vertical so I needed 12' of 4" PVP plus the usual cathedral ceiling support, T with cleanout and the roof flashing, collar, and rain cap.
Saved about $150 off list price.

Might have to extend my hearth pad but other than that it should be a straight forward install.

Gonna be fun having a stove that has an igniter. No more propane starts.

What you guys recommend for a thermostat?

Not sure what I will do with the EF-2.
I may move it to the basement and use it as a woodshop heater for when I am down there working on the lathe.
Or sell it and get back some of the upgrade cost.

---Nailer---

Nice Mr. Nailer! They sure are nice looking stoves!

The thermostats gonna spoil you along with the igniter! Any 5/2 programmable stat should do(as long as they have set back/swing settings), But the Lux and ritetemps are available at the box stores and less than $40. Less if they are on sale.

Pictures are a must once you get the new toy! ;-)

Very nice. And very JEALOUS!!! Pics are a must.

Congratulations on the upgrade. Ignitor and T-stat are a spoiler!!

nailed_nailer said:
Had that "need a new stove" think thing crawing at the back of my brain for a few weeks now.

I went ahead and ordered it today.

M55-Cast. Freestanding
Gonna pick it up and install it myself next week when it comes in to dealer.

Also had to order new Venting as my EF-2 uses 3" and the M55 is 4".
Got that from DynamiteBuys.
I vent straight vertical so I needed 12' of 4" PVP plus the usual cathedral ceiling support, T with cleanout and the roof flashing, collar, and rain cap.
Saved about $150 off list price.

Might have to extend my hearth pad but other than that it should be a straight forward install.

Gonna be fun having a stove that has an igniter. No more propane starts.

What you guys recommend for a thermostat?

Not sure what I will do with the EF-2.
I may move it to the basement and use it as a woodshop heater for when I am down there working on the lathe.
Or sell it and get back some of the upgrade cost.

---Nailer---

Good deal Mike Congrats!

Do you think the M55 Cast will also radiate the heat as well as blowing it out?

As far as a thermostat goes one guy had very good luck with the Lux9000Ts available at Lowes.
See thread below
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/80457/

Remember Pics or it did not happen!! :)

oldmountvernon said:
Nice Nailer. Good Luck this stove is in the back of my mind if i bail on the Mt Vernon Ae this is my other choice. Problem is i hear the dealer here is an a$$ and he has the price jacked to 3897.00

See if there is a Regency dealer in your area. The Hampton GC60 is the same stove as the M55 cast!

Good choice nailer , That's what I would get also.What do you have now and how old is it?

Good luck Nailer. Did you get the painted Black? Mine gets installed on the 28th. Hope you enjoy it.

Hope you eat your wheaties. That bad boy is 480 lbs. I know because I did my own install. I did have my dealer deliver it and put it on the hearth. Burning ever since and loving it.

Thanks everyone,

There will be plenty of pictures. Hopefully next week.

I just got the confirmation from DynamiteBuys. The 4" Vent order has shipped. So that should be all set.
No delivery date yet.

cuzvin,
The New Stove is Cast Black.
santa fe,
Currently I have a 2001 Enviro EF-2 Freestanding. Good reliable stove but a bit small for how I run it.
Not sure what I will do with it yet.
kykel,
I will be moving and installing it myself. So the 480# has me a bit concerned.
How easy is it to remove the side panels/top/door/etc. to lessen the weight. I have a fridge mover 2-wheeler.
Probably gonna cost me a case of beer to have a few neighbors help out. :)

Gonna be warm this January......
---Nailer---

That was my original idea to strip it down somewhat but decided for 75 bucks to have my dealer deliver and set in place. So dont know how difficult it would be to strip down. Did you get the m55 because you mentioned the santafe on another post.

Nailer, just had our 10-CPM installed and learned that you need a CSL to pull the permit for the venting. I too was going to do the install but I had allowed my CSL to expire as we no longer build houses. I hired a company that did a great job for $350 labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.