I wonder if Harman makes a Accentra Air Filter??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plowboy

Mar 9, 2008
Indiana
We have a Harman Accentra free standing stove. We also have wood floors. Every one who has hardwood floors knows that those dust bunnies gather fast every day and lots of them..
The air intake to heat the room is at the bottom and back of the stove and it sucks all the cold air from the floor into the heat chamber then blows the heated air out the top front of the stove.
I cut air filters to fit the air intake at the floor and fasten with tape or magnet and you would not believe the dust and dirt and dust bunnies that you can catch in that filter. I change it once a mo. and have no problems. I have been doing this for 3 years now with no problems and it keeps the air clean. I MAKE SURE NOTHING TOUCHES THE HOT EXHAUST PIPE..
I wonder if Harman has ever thought of making a filter for these stoves that you can just snap in place, take off, wash off and snap back on? Would make it a lot easier.
I'm trying to find those plastic air filters that you find in window air conditioners that you just rinse off and reuse. I could cut to fit and hold in place with magnet. I have looked every place and can't find them..Any ideas where to find them??

Bill

There is a chance that a blocked filter will slow the air flow to the unit and cause it to overheat.

Eric

I have been experimenting with a filter for my accentra insert. It quiets the noise of the blower considerably but plugs up quite quickly.

I fabbed up one on my AE, but it was inside the stove body right on the blower.

Even made a hinged door to access it.

Used it for one year and stopped, semmed like it was dirty daily and air flow was reduced. PITA

I agree Eric but I check my filter every week and just like every filter on every furnace, air conditioner or what ever.. you have to change them when they are dirty and I do. By checking mine every week for the last three winters, it still runs like a new one.
I haven't started ours up yet this year but I think Sunday will be the day to fire her up...Every one have a warm winter.

Bill

I was going to try that with my advance. Not enough room between the intake and exhaust tube though.

Status
Not open for further replies.