Ice Storm!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Just when you thought it might be over for now...Ice Storm!

Attachments

• ice11.jpg
    ice11.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 447
  • ice12.jpg
    ice12.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 437
One of my least favorite forms of weather. That is hard on the trees.

BeGreen said:
One of my least favorite forms of weather. That is hard on the trees.

Agreed . . . hard on the trees, greater chance of a power outage and makes for some of the worse driving conditions.

Don't like them, the tree limbs bouncing off the roof tend to ruin my sleep.

Better to have a foot of snow than a quarter inch of ice.

Backwoods Savage said:
Better to have a foot of snow than a quarter inch of ice.

+100 foot of snow can be moved.

I’m in the utility business. These storms are our worst enemy. If there is a positive it would be for anyone who drives up with a pickup and a chainsaw. You can find all the wood you’ll need for a long time, and be thanked for taking it!

Attachments

• Electric service missing.jpg
    Electric service missing.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 244
Next- I heard that the Carolinas have some of the worst. They had looked at putting all utility lines underground- with a payback period of like 5 years (payback = money saved not replacing wires and poles), but the finances are too tight and the powers that be are too near sighted to invest.

Status
Not open for further replies.