ID Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingquad

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
Need an ID. Thanks

Attachments

• Scrounge18Dec1.jpg
    Scrounge18Dec1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 385
  • Scrounge18Dec2.jpg
    Scrounge18Dec2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 378
#1guess ash, #2 norway maple

Ash, Final answer!

No doubt, ash. Good wood enjoy!

Not birch or spruce
Must be ash!

We've cut about 40 cord of that stuff already. Plenty more to cut thanks to the emerald ash borer.

You will love the ash. It splits super easy, dries well in a year (better yet after 2 years) and burns wonderfully.

Thanks everyone. Good news is I've probably got about ten more truck loads of this stuff to get.

Get em all, & look for more. Great firewood!

40 cord Dennis, Slowing down a little these days? LOL A C

Small heartwood is a good sign of ash... But what about the grey-blueish tint? Usually a hickory trait no? Second pic definitely looks ash with the more greenish color of the bark and furrows... Oh well, still a great hardwood either way!

I'll post some pignut shortly that's just like pic no one...

amateur cutter said:
Get em all, & look for more. Great firewood!

40 cord Dennis, Slowing down a little these days? LOL A C

Getting slower all the time. Cut some oak today and had the wife helping. Amazing how much faster things went. Of course I didn't take as many breaks....

Status
Not open for further replies.