identifying my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

our420room

Feb 12, 2020
Patten, Me
I bought a 2nd hand stove, the seller lied to me, and it is my fault but I took him at his word.
He told me I was buying a vermont castings propane fireplace at 38k BTU

I've since learned it is a Waterford stove and the serial # is 2010, but I can't find anything else about it.
I have yet to hook it up and I do want to install it but I dont know if I need be aware of anything special when venting this stove.
Im not very handy and will hire someone to do this task.
I would love to locate a manual, but if anyone knows anything on this stove and would share, that would be great.

Do I need anything special for going thru the wall?
Does anyone know about this stove?

84352762_893640577719666_8059991002686947328_n.jpg

Look for a rating plate attached to the back or bottom of the unit with a chain or a wire.
If it's there, it should tell you the model number & the type of venting required.
The model number will help you find an on-line manual.

I bought a 2nd hand stove, the seller lied to me, and it is my fault but I took him at his word.
He told me I was buying a vermont castings propane fireplace at 38k BTU

I've since learned it is a Waterford stove and the serial # is 2010, but I can't find anything else about it.
I have yet to hook it up and I do want to install it but I dont know if I need be aware of anything special when venting this stove.
Im not very handy and will hire someone to do this task.
I would love to locate a manual, but if anyone knows anything on this stove and would share, that would be great.

Do I need anything special for going thru the wall?
Does anyone know about this stove?

View attachment 256929
If you go to the Regency website, under discontinued manuals, there are several manuals for these stoves. There are several different models, and if you can't find the identification plate, you will have to figure out which one it is.
Looking at the size of the vent pipe, I want to say it is probably a b vent.