If belief in a Creator offends you, prolly not the post for you

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

So monday, WeatherMan says partly sunny near 50's. Yet every time I go outside, it feels colder than the last time. Later I check the weather again, Same WeatherMan says rain now. I look outside at white rain. Time to 'go get wood'!!

Awesome in the woods now. The quiet of freshly fallen snow. The clean carpet everywhere. The bears must be sleeping. The rattlesnakes couldn't strike at these temps if ya put yer hand right on um (I'll let someone else try that stunt, TYVM :) )

The biggest problem was, the snow was coming down so fast, I kept losing track of wood!

Anyway, lots to be thankful for, and not just one day a year.

Rock on!

snow is so cool that its hard to deny the possibility of a supreme being. why else would snow be so fascinating......luck? nice pics, wish it'd snow here already.

I actually know a few atheists and none of them are offended by my beliefs-it's just not their bag. I don't hassle them about it either-I don't know how the big guy deals with people that don't think he exists, I just know that like you, sitting in my treestand on a cold still morning as the sun is coming up is all the proof I need that God is all powerful.

Delta-T said:
snow is so cool that its hard to deny the possibility of a supreme being. why else would snow be so fascinating......luck? nice pics, wish it'd snow here already.

Maybe you're not praying hard enough for snow (-'

I went to church this morning
By Ward Parker

The church I attended wasn't awash in religious rituals. My seat wasn't a polished wood pew and there were no hymnals or bibles at the church I attended. Nevertheless, the spirit of God enveloped me. I could feel His presence.

I go to church early this time of year. This Sunday morning was not all that different than other Sunday mornings. I was greeted by the pre-dawn moon and stars. Silent night. All is calm. The moon lighted my way to my seat. As I sat quietly in the dark morning allowing the cold breeze to wash my face, the pink hint of a new day filled the sky. No artist could paint the canvas I witnessed this morning-or any other sunrise or sunset. It was as if God was gave me a front row seat to watch the rebirth of a new day. It was spectacular.

The steeples of my church are not straight. There no crosses atop them and they bend in the wind. But the steeples in my church still arch towards the sky, as if to pay homage to their creator. They are prettier than any man-made church steeple. I feel at home in their perch.

Though I was the only person in my church, the spirit of fellowship was strong. The choir was wonderful as usual. I was serenaded to any number of beautiful songs by the birds who signaled the arrival of dawn. I closed my eyes and let them sing their songs to me. I smiled. How Great Thou Art.

As the dawn's light opened my sanctuary to my tired, old eyes, I slowly and quietly turned my head to and fro to see what other of God's creatures was in my sanctuary. The gray body of a whitetail deer materialized out of the fog seventy yards in front of me and then disappeared back into the sanctuary. Squirrels chattered. The distant sound of ducks added to the splendor. I thanked God for being alive to witness the beauty of His creatures, both great and small.

Dead leaves quietly drifted to the forest floor. As I watched individual leaves fall and coat the forest floor with their beautiful shades of yellow, orange and red, I was literally watching God's natural cycle of the Fall take place in front of me. If you haven't sat quietly in the woods and watched thousands of leaves fall lazily to the forest floor, you are missing one of God's most beautiful art shows. Go and watch this and you will thank Him for it.

Even amongst the beauty that surrounded me, my predator extinct was on full alert. That's natural, the way it is supposed to be during this season of harvest. As I slowly turned to see what was behind me, three does cautiously picked their way through the underbrush towards me. They sauntered directly under the tree I was sitting in. It wasn't time to kill. It was time to observe and learn. The time to kill and feed my family is coming soon.

Watching the deer amble by reminded me that I had a special invite to this beautiful sanctuary, which is their home and my Season Of Harvest Church. I can think clearly there, have conversations with God. In this church there is no clutter, no e-mail, no cell phone, no pagers, no one to steal my attention. I'm at peace there. I like to be alone there with just my thoughts and memories and rest and recharge my internal batteries.

In a mere few days, the woods will come alive with activity of buck deer. And I will be there in this sanctuary to bear witness to it-as I should be. To be somewhere else would be against who I am.

Something from deep inside me pulls me to Season of Harvest Church. If you listen closely, you hear the voice of God in the wind as it blows through leaves and the treetops. Enter quietly and be still and you'll be welcomed into the sanctuary where you will witness the beauty that God has created.

I think there's something in nature for everyone. I love a still, silent, snowy forest; it's one of things I miss the most out here in the land of (usually) little snow. But I'm also a lifelong atheist. There's no conflict between the two. (And don't forget that historically nature inspired religious beliefs that were decidedly non-monotheistic.)

Badfish740 said:
I actually know a few atheists and none of them are offended by my beliefs-it's just not their bag. I don't hassle them about it either-I don't know how the big guy deals with people that don't think he exists, I just know that like you, sitting in my treestand on a cold still morning as the sun is coming up is all the proof I need that God is all powerful.

Well read John cahpter 3 verse 18 and verse 36 for how God thinks on unbelievers.

Status
Not open for further replies.