If you ever hear the word Inferno Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
JUST RUN. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY.

That's 2 bags. Every 2 days I'm cleaning the stove right now. This is what comes out of the burn pot.

Attachments

• P1050519.jpg
    P1050519.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 790
I have some and plan on mixing with NEWP or LG's. Not as bad when you mix them.

Salty said:

That's 2 bags. Every 2 days I'm cleaning the stove right now. This is what comes out of the burn pot.

Give all you got to jay...he LOVES Infernos! :ahhh:

macman said:
Salty said:

Give all you got to jay...he LOVES Infernos! :ahhh:

Now hold on here! My stove burns just about anything. With very little issues. I will not waste my time and freeze with them.

Pay me to take them I might think about it though. :lol: Hey my stove would need double the cleaning right?

I agree RUN and Don't look back! There a total waste. Worse than ACP's even.

Attachments

• Clinker.jpg
    Clinker.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 733
They do make a big mess..eh?

I picked up some earlier this season to try, but after the first bag I couldn't wait
to get rid of them. Figured I would give them a shot as the mill is local and they
seem to be saturating the market around here. Lower priced than most brands too.
Now I know why.

tinkabranc said:
....... Lower priced than most brands too........

Not around here.....Price Chopper has them for $278/ton :bug:

WOW

$225/ton is the lowest I have seen here so far for them.

Make yourself a nice hole in the backyard fill it with a couple of bags add some starter gel torch it off and stand around and toast marshmallows.

Remember to obtain any required burn permits and have a means of extinguishing the fire if conditions warrant.

schoondog said:
I thought they cause Sickplants sparks ! %-P

LOL...Oh No....don't start with that again!

Slickplant, where are you??????

Funny I looked back on this thread to see how often I was cleaning last year...

This year taint any better. I thought it was but realistically looking at that picture of the clinker and the fact we were cleaning at 2 days...nothing has changed except more heat/higher flame. The clinker is still pretty much the same, the ash is worse.

I think I'm going to call for some okies this week and start mixing with this junk.

Thought they improved over last yr?, Big Y near me has them for under $200 now, maybe if they were $100 or less i'd try some

The first ton seemed pretty decent. I got into this second ton and it just went to crud. I'm going to pull a bag out of another pile tonite which will be a different ton and see what happens there. Maybe they mixed old in there too I dunno.

Hello

I heard that Inferno Pellets are made from scrap Construction Materials. Maybe that is why they have a very unique Odor!

Attachments

• WPInfernoSc.jpg
    WPInfernoSc.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 339
Salty said:

I get that after two bags of Somersets. Thought it was normal.

mralias said:
I have some and plan on mixing with NEWP or LG's. Not as bad when you mix them.

And you think this is a good combo???

Where's the Tri-State fuel guy??? Maybe he'll weigh in with a Inferno update and whether they are still crap or not.

We do not sell them anymore..after getting quite a few calls from customers (regarding infernos) we have changed our wood pellet line-up. Less headaches for the consumers means less headaches for me.

We do not sell them anymore..after getting quite a few calls from customers (regarding infernos) we have changed our wood pellet line-up. Less headaches for the consumers means less headaches for me.

I think you made a smart move Brian. Much as I'd like to say something different right now I can't.

Brian how did you get rid of them?, also do you have sat hours for pickup?

Sold the only truckload we had and I apologize to any of my customers that are having troubles with them. I still get a good amount of people saying they burn great in their stove but I also get people with very serious clinkers and ash problems. I know every pellet burns different in every stove but no one should get clinkers like i'm receiving from customers.

And yes Pellet-King we are open Saturdays unless i'm out doing an installation but my old man is their if i'm not to load customers up on Saturdays and Sundays. Stop by anytime to say hi we'd love to have you.

Sold the only truckload we had and I apologize to any of my customers that are having troubles with them. I still get a good amount of people saying they burn great in their stove but I also get people with very serious clinkers and ash problems. I know every pellet burns different in every stove but no one should get clinkers like i'm receiving from customers.

And yes Pellet-King we are open Saturdays unless i'm out doing an installation but my old man is their if i'm not to load customers up on Saturdays and Sundays. Stop by anytime to say hi we'd love to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.