Igniter replacement question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darkwing

Oct 11, 2018
New Jersey
Hello...
My ignitor seeks to be bad again(second in 3 years) and i was wondering if u have to stay with the 250 watts as the original or if i could take also a 300 watt without breaking my circuit board...
Hoping that the 300 watt one would start a little quicker and acutally the ones i saw were alsk cheper tham the 250 w ones.
Thx for any thoughts

Make and model of the stove would be helpful

Oh sorry, i thought my signature does have it all...
Somehow my signature seems to be missing...
It is a US Stove King 5502

From Stove and Grill

Description​

This cartridge heater pellet stove igniter or "hot rod" is 4" long and 3/8" in diameter. It's rated for 300 watts @ 125 volts. Us Stove Co. uses many different sizes in their various units which can all look the same. Check your owner's manual with our stove compatibility for proper fitment.
Note: From time to time, USSC, the parent company for Ashley, Breckwell, and Vogelzang will ship 250-watt igniters as replacement parts and will also build units with both 300-watt and 250-watt igniters in their units. They are interchangeable. All other specs are the same. Both work without any notable differences.

It is advised to always replace the door gasket whenever an igniter is replaced. air that enters the firebox from the door gasket causes delayed ignitions that ultimately causes igniters to fail. The door gasket for units that use this igniter is part 88066

Thx alot...thats all the info need...