Ignitor problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem

Dec 12, 2009
Western MD
Gave the stove a good cleaning and fired it up this fall. Ran great the first several burns. Now the stove won't ignite. Just replaced the ignitor last year with a new one that has a lifetime warranty. Thought the ignitor was bad but when I tried the stove the other day, it actually lit. Now it hasn't lit since then. Any ideas? I also just replaced the control panel last year. All wiring is proper and tight. Thanks!

Flem said:
Gave the stove a good cleaning and fired it up this fall. Ran great the first several burns. Now the stove won't ignite. Just replaced the ignitor last year with a new one that has a lifetime warranty. Thought the ignitor was bad but when I tried the stove the other day, it actually lit. Now it hasn't lit since then. Any ideas? I also just replaced the control panel last year. All wiring is proper and tight. Thanks!

Hello Flem

I suggest you get a wiring diagram of the stove. I am working on a stove and just replaced the ignitor. I also had to replace the 120 Deg F igniton switch because it was open and in series with the ignitor.

See more pics
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/80429/

Attachments

• EF2BadIgnitor&igniton120DegFswSC.jpg
    EF2BadIgnitor&igniton120DegFswSC.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Ignitor&IgnitonSwWireDiagram.jpg
    Ignitor&IgnitonSwWireDiagram.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.